“I hidden gem!!!”

Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx
Reserve with OpenTable
Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 421 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2017

What a great place! We had a pre-selected menu for a business meeting and it was really good! We had a small private room for 20 and it was just right. The serves was very good. The chef uses unique flavors to blend and create really good tasting food.

Management response:Responded January 20, 2017

Thank you Lisa for the kind words it is very much appreciated!

Darrel
Owner Operator

Reviewed January 4, 2017

This is an over priced bistro, the waiters have an attitude that they would prefer to be some where else rather than wait on the customers. The food is good but for the Price it isn't Great!
I have asked other locals they feel the same way......

Management response:Responded January 6, 2017

Hi Franny;
I hope that you will trust that your experience with us was highly unusual. I was upset to learn of your experience and hope you will accept my apology, and want you to know how much I appreciate you patronage.

Would it be possible to speak with you on the phone to get more details about your evening with us? I would be willing to call you, or you can reach me at 954-782-0606. my email address is dbroek9@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you,

Regards
Darrel Broek
Café Maxx

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Cafe Maxx has always been a favorite but air had not been in lately. The space is smallish but very comfortable. Service was perfect and the meal was delicious. I recommend the Brussel sprouts and tuna sushi pizza to start.
Everyone loved their meal from filet to snapper to my favorite...the Hog Snapper. Definitely will come back as soon as I can!

1  Thank Deborah D
Management response:Responded January 6, 2017

Hello Deborah;
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy you enjoyed your experience with us! hope to see you again.

Darrel
Owner, Café Maxx

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We were recommended to go here by a friend's friend. It took more than 40 min to get our meals after ordering. The petite fillet mignon was delicious but everything else was mediocre to poor. My kids didn't eat their meals at all but the worst part was that we were still charged for their meals. Any decent "high end" restaurant would have tried to please but instead we paid for meals that we didn't even eat much less enjoy. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

The service, atmosphere, and food all surpassed our expectations based on the reviews we read. Definitely someplace you need to try!

Management response:Responded October 25, 2016

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I so pleased that you enjoyed your experience here.

Darrel,