“Eating here for 25+ Years, always satisfied”

Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx
Reserve with OpenTable
Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 368 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2017

What a good restaurant is all about: warm welcome, convivial atmosphere, well-turned-out creative international cuisine, good service, big wine list. So many dinners here, I've lost count, and every time I say I'll be back. All this comes at a price, but rarely has there been a dish I wouldn't order again. Don't miss the tuna sashimi pizza or the Brussel sprouts.

1  Thank Richard J

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Every bite of our Sunday brunch was a treat. We started with drinks (a Bellini and a bloody Mary) with the caviar pie appetizer (imagine a "pie" with egg salad in the bottom, a layer of cream cheese topped with three types of caviar) served with toast. My guest had the lump crab and wilted spinach eggs Benedict with asparagus and lemon-chive hollandaise on grilled English muffin (with very generous amounts of sweet crab meat). I had the sweet onion crusted snapper on three potato and herb frittata with French beans and gaufrette potatoes. We shared a creme brulee which I cannot properly describe except to say that it comes in a bowl made of cookie dough along with fruit and a few cookies on the side. Amazing dessert. The service was professional and the restaurant is nicely decorated.

Management response:Responded 31 January 2017

I want to thank you for the kind words, it means a lot. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Ate brunch here today. The food was fabulous; five stars. The service was good, but not great; 3 stars. If you can tolerate a few minor issues (and really, I do mean minor) and you want incredible food, eat here.

As someone with friends in the restaurant industry, I don't let service issues one time at one restaurant deter me from returning for great food. The chef was awesome and that is what matters!

We are going to return.

Management response:Responded 31 January 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are working on making those other issues resolved.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

What a great place! We had a pre-selected menu for a business meeting and it was really good! We had a small private room for 20 and it was just right. The serves was very good. The chef uses unique flavors to blend and create really good tasting food.

Management response:Responded 20 January 2017

Thank you Lisa for the kind words it is very much appreciated!

Owner Operator

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is an over priced bistro, the waiters have an attitude that they would prefer to be some where else rather than wait on the customers. The food is good but for the Price it isn't Great!
I have asked other locals they feel the same way......

Management response:Responded 6 January 2017

Hi Franny;
I hope that you will trust that your experience with us was highly unusual. I was upset to learn of your experience and hope you will accept my apology, and want you to know how much I appreciate you patronage.

Would it be possible to speak with you on the phone to get more details about your evening with us? I would be willing to call you, or you can reach me at 954-782-0606. my email address is dbroek9@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you,