“Always a treat ”

The Spa at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club’s 30,000 square foot Spa, the region’s largest, is a seductively beautiful environment that combines peaceful surroundings and ultra-modern facilities with an impressive selection of more than one hundred beauty and pampering services. The sensory delights featured here are certain to soothe both mind and body while layers of tension and stress melt away. Some of the many features include: Elegant Marble Lobby, Waterfalls and Water Sculptures, Soothing Music Throughout, (22) Treatment Rooms, Private Couples Suites, More than (100) Services, Aesthetic Services, 3,000 sq. ft. Relaxation Lounge, Retail Boutique, (6) Manicure Stations, (6) Pedicure Stations, (4) Hair Stylist Stations, Spa Cafe, Luxurious Locker Rooms, Steam Room, Sauna & Indoor Jacuzzi, Outdoor Pool & Therapy Grottos
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I love this spa... from the moment you walk in you feel welcomed and special. The waiting area is peaceful and cozy and the pool area perfect for lounging and lunch. I love the gift shop. They have a great selection of Scout bags.

Date of experience: October 2017
"look forward"
"treatment"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2018

I don't know where all of those satisfied people went, but I didn't feel like I was in the same place! I have had massages at some 5 star resorts all over, and this one fell far short. In 50 minutes my feet got about a minute and a half each. On my stomach she never touched my neck and shoulders. I thought, well, maybe when I turn over? Nope. She spent more time putting towels on me and taking them off. Wrapping my feet then unwrapping them. When I left, I wanted to go somewhere to get a massage. I'm sure she wasn't on her A-game because I asked her a couple of questions and realized when she answered that she was sick. Sounded very stopped up. Great. Another thing that I take issue with is the following from my confirmation.....

"For your convenience, we automatically add a 20% service charge to each Spa service. Service charges are dispersed to the Spa staff members who serve you during your visit. Additional gratuity for exemplary service is discretionary."

That makes me crazy. I don't care to tip the gal that runs my credit card! If Ponte Vedra Spa can't pay their support staff enough that they have to take the tips of the therapists, then I don't want to go there. "FOR MY CONVENIENCE"!!!!!

Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach have many wonderful spas. This isn't one of them.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

I’m sad to be writing this review but was so disappointed in their service. My husband gave me a spa day for our anniversary. I didn’t know what it was to entail but was excited. I arrived and they told me to put my stuff away and told me to sit in the lounge area. I was never made to feel welcome, shown around the spa, offered to change from street clothes, offered water, or even shown the restroom. I was the only person in over 30 people waiting in street clothes and felt the “outsider”. After a 30+ minute wait, I was taken back for my services. Only then was I offered to be shown the restroom or a water. The treatments were good and masseuse was knowledgeable, and the only bright spot of a day that was supposed to be a special gift. I’ve had many treatments at spas all over the world and this was the least friendly and least welcoming ever. It’s a beautiful facility but if they don’t treat customers as they should be treated, or at least those who they don’t know, it’s sad - I hate that my husband is disappointed in the result of a special gift! I still have a credit but don’t even care to use it. There are much better spas that want your business!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 4, 2017

Stayed at the hotel for five days and used the spa a couple of times. They are very understaffed so if you want a pedicure and didn't book a week in advance they can't accommodate you, because they only have a few people who do it.

I found the folks in the jacuzzi were super loud so while you try to relax in the steam you can hear every word or conversation in the jacuzzi. None of the staff ever ask them to stay quiet spa voices. I witnessed this everytime i was at the spa. They have body scrub sitting next to the sinks in the area where most people i watched put it on their face then had to rush to wash off the harsh oily scrub. Very odd not to label it or put it near the showers not the sinks.

I had a nice manicure and she was very good but many my family had theirs smudge later and were not happy . Mine was a gel so i wasn't rushed out before it was dry. If you book a service then i would suggest leaving time to relax in the pool in the back, the service and food back there was better than by the pool in the front of the hotel. Also, no one told me when they closed when i booked my manicure so they closed at 5 and i booked at 4 and then went and sat in a cold steam room wondering why it wasn't working. They should make it clear when they are open if you book close to closing without realizing it.

Finally, when staying at resorts around the world, this is the only place that i have seen where they charge guests 75.00 to use the spa.
If you don't book a service that is the charge to enter the spa. I have seen hotels build in a resort fee to the room rate but this is outrageous to me when so many people may want to go once for an hour and they charge this much to enter.
I think perhaps, they focus on the people who live around there and not so much the hotel guests.

Date of experience: November 2017