“Best turkey salad”

Barb and Wally's Down South Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Love their turkey salad! Love their vinegrette dressing which is homemade. Wasn't crazy about the green beans. Best collard greens ever, they have this sweet taste to them, not bitter or plain tasting at all. Fried corn on cob, amazing! (Hard to mess up corn on cob). service is courteous, friendly and prompt.

There are newer reviews for Barb and Wally's Down South Barbecue

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Kind of surprised by this BBQ joint. So small, I have overlooked it on multiple vacation trips to Ponte Vedra. Long line at another restaurant I usually frequent, so I decided to give Down South barbecue a chance, and boy I'm glad I did. The ribs were outstanding!! They were so well prepared, they fell off the bones, and the different barbecue sauces were awesome. Will make sure to put this restaurant on my vacation rotation.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Small, family feeling dining room... does a lot of carry out. The food is delicious and I find myself craving a repeat visit often. Owner manages the place and is warm and helpful.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We took a chance because we really enjoy BBQ. It was well worth it! The brisket had a slight smokey taste to it and was delicious. Melted in your mouth. The pulled pork was also delicious. We also tasted the baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, and french fries (Dad said the best he's ever had). There are several sauces to put on your meat. Wally, the owner, was there and in his usual (we learned) "character" mode - yes, he is quite the character - full of fun and humorous one liners. We highly recommend this restaurant and will be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

A "hole in the wall" almost invisible to passers-by offers fabulous barbeque at fantastic prices. The usual beef, pork, poultry and hot dog options cooked to order with generous sides of slaw, baked beans, corn on the cob, etc., etc.are family favorites up and down the beaches. Limited seating, but loads of take-out attests to the good value here!