“Very good donuts, but not great like I was told.”

Abbes Donut Nook Inc.
Reviewed December 31, 2017

I like just a plain donut. They are hard to find. But they have them here. Dunkin Donuts used to have their signature big "Dunkin Donut" with the little handle on it. But they stopped making them when they automated their process and the machines could not produce them. They not only got rid of the handle but they downsized it. I like a plain donut with a nice crisp exterior. Theirs is not this way. But... they have good donuts and I will return here when in the area and need a donut.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Usually love this place. Waited over 20 minutes, which is not unusual, but the quality just wasn't there to make it worthwhile. They had no lemon filling and said they couldn't even make any lemon filled...someone behind us asked for lemon filling too! They were out if regular glazed donuts...really? We had apple cranberry specials and couldn't taste either fruit. I also had a chocolate long John with loads of filling...it just tasted like loads of sugar and not much else.

We'll return based on previous positive experiences.

The usual guy with the bandana around his head was not there....I guess the place suffers when the boss is away!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

The apple fritters are so good; I suggest a small size to start. The flavors are nothing like what you'd find anywhere else. These donuts are A+ and not for dieters!

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Bought a dozen to take for work employees. Others have said they are wonderful. I like donuts so I thought I'd give it a shot. Not a fan. They left oil marks in the box. I know they are fried, this was excessive. I didn't get the apple fritter...maybe it would've had a shot with me. No maple frosting on any of them. Oh...make sure you bring cash. No cards allowed! Some say the best ever in port charlotte. From what I see, there's only this place or Dunkin in town. I'm still in search of a good donut.

Reviewed April 22, 2017

These donuts are the best I've ever had. There is a large variety and they are made fresh daily. Be prepared to wait in line, as it is a very popular place. They serve coffee and provide a daily newspaper to enjoy with your donut. You won't be disappointed!