“Awesome Place - Great Seafood”

Boondocks Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 182 Restaurants in Port Orange
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Boondocks is a casual, fun restaurant with fresh seafood, great salads and soups, and all homemade sauces. We also offer chicken sandwiches and tenders, 1/2 lb. burgers, hotdogs, and other kid-friendly meals. From raw and steamed oysters to spicy steamed shrimp, Zuppa di clams and our amazing garlic bread, mussels marinara and our delicious oysters Rockefeller, we will fill you up and make you smile! Come watch the sunset over the marina and relax. Just another day in paradise!!!
Reviewed March 24, 2015

My husband and I visited some friends there. During that time it was cold and windy. Also, the Bike festival was going on. So, ever where was packed out, however, this place was a little way from all the hustle and bustle, so we stopped here.

If it wasn’t so cold, I would tell you how the view was, however, they had to cover the deck with the plastic, to hold in the heat while people ate. But I could imagine how beautiful it would have been if it was warmer because it was right by the boating dock, on the water.

We shared oyster’s on a half shell (3 dozen), about 4 pitchers of beer, and our individual entrée’s, so we were really doing it big. I ordered a cluster of steam crab legs (which was delicious) and a fish sandwich, which was huge. They put two large pieces of fish on a large bun. Of coarse, I could only eat a small portion of it. My husband got the 12 oz. char grilled steak, which was pretty good as well.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I think this is a great place to gather with friends. They have a couple of long tables, where if you have a very large party (like 15-20) you all could sit together. I would definitely go there again.

2  Thank hope2332
Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed March 20, 2015

Fun atmosphere, generous portions, plucky service staff. A good place to eat at the end of a beach day.

Reviewed March 18, 2015 via mobile

I was thinking that a Crab Bisque at a riverside restaurant on the water and close to the ocean should be the best ever. WRONG! The waitress said that it had lots of crab. What wasn't mentioned was that it was IMITATION CRAB.
My friend enjoyed her grilled cheese and fries. We shared the cheesy garlic bread, which was very good. The wait staff was friendly and worked hard.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

They have the best Fish Rueben sandwich anywhere. Other dinners are just as good.
Picnic table seating and always crowded but the wait never seems long.

1  Thank ajjollyt
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Only beer and wine served here but the view is awesome on the Halifax River and the food is fresh! Service is awesome too! Probably the best food in town is served here!

1  Thank LSmith-PI