“It Was A Great Place To Order Seamed Crabs to Go...”

Brigadoon Fish Camp
Ranked #100 of 176 Restaurants in Port Orange
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Description: The place for Live Blue Crab, Lobsters, Shrimp and more! Also visit our Bait shop for Live Bait!
Reviewed 13 March 2017

My family from Ohio would alway say order some steam crabs about 15 min. before they would come in to visit us. We love cracking and eating them. It's under new management and it's not the same. Called in our order of 2 doz. spicy crabs and went to pick them up 1/2 hr later and they didn't have the crabs or the order, they did credit my card. But my family was very disappointed.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Ordered fresh shrimp and it was wonderful! Under new mgmnt and they were very friendly. Got some live crabs to go,

1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Heard that this place had new owners so decided to check it out. Went there with a group of nine people for dinner. We were the only people there eating in. I've been coming to this place on different occasions for 20 years so I know what it is, a fish camp, nothing fancy, most of their business is take out. They should have told us up front that they were completely overwhelmed and couldn't handle our order, but they let us all order and then sit for forty five minutes before our food started to arrive, not all at once, but two meals at a time followed by a ten minute gap, then the next two meals and another long wait and on and on like that so that some people were done eating while others hadn't even been served yet. After one of our party complained about the ridiculous wait time they told us one of their cooks called in sick, one of their fryers was broken, our waitress was ill with heat stroke. Could of told us this before we ordered and saved us all a bunch of grief. They gave us 15% off our bill. After all that, the food was just average and still pricey. There are fifty other seafood places in a twenty mile radius with better food, service and prices. I recommend any one of them over this dysfunctional mess of a "restaurant".

1  Thank David1827
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My daughter lives in Port Orange so we decided to check out this place for blue crabs last Saturday afternoon. They have a Facebook page so she went online and asked a few questions which were promptly answered. For takeout are the crabs cooked or do you have to cook them yourself? (cooked.) Do you have to order ahead of time for takeout and how far in advance? (No, you don't have to order ahead of time but if you call ahead when you are ready to leave the house they will have them ready when you arrive.) Can you eat there? (Yes, they have picnic tables outside on the water.)
So we thought it would be nice to eat there and off we went. The place looks like a little tin shack when you pull up, but go ahead in. You won't be disappointed. As soon as we got there it started to rain. We asked if there was any indoor seating and the girl told us it really wasn't much but she promised us the food would be excellent if we stayed. Then she showed it to us first so we could decide for ourselves. She was right, it REALLY isn't much so if you're looking for atmosphere, this is not the place for you unless you can sit outside which probably is nice. Anyhow we decided to stay and order some shrimp for there and order the crabs for takeout. They do have a menu but I don't remember what's on it since we knew what we were getting. I do know that the selections were mostly shellfish. As soon as we got seated the sky opened up and torrential rains started falling. As we were sitting there we noticed the place was doing a pretty brisk business in takeout and a lot of people came inside to wait for the rain to slow down a little bit and they all started ordering too. So it got a little backed up although none of us felt that we were waiting that long. But the owners insisted on compensating us for waiting. First they brought us each a fried crab to try. Good but I prefer steamed. My daughter and I were drinking water but they brought my husband another beer on the house. Our fried shrimp platter arrived. The shrimp were huge and breaded very lightly. They were served with cocktail sauce and a scampi sauce which my daughter loved. So when our crabs were all done she brought them in along with our bill. And just then the rain slowed down a bit. So we went next store to pay our bill and my daughter mentioned how much she loved the scampi sauce and they gave her a cup of it to take home for the crabs. Very nice people, family owned and operated, great customer service and delicious food. When we got the crabs home we thoroughly enjoyed them for the rest of the afternoon. Looking forward to going back on a nice day.

2  Thank Lynne L
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We have eaten twice at this tiny local Seafood restaurant and loved it both times. You'll order from a limited menu while looking at fresh blue crabs, deep water shrimp and fresh fish on ice in the cooler next to you. Couldn't be fresher. Try their homemade greens, coleslaw, puppies, and more. We ordered the fresh fish sandwich and fish tacos and both were delish. Great seasoning. As a bonus, they brought us out some crabs and tender garlic shrimp (small lobster size). You can sit on picnic tables outside overlooking Rose Bay. Kid friendly sand pit. Or you can eat inside a separate air conditioned building. Rustic and delicious.

1  Thank Deb M