“Amazing!!!!”

Herbert's Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Port Orange
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Description: We are a European-style family-owned bakery/cafe. We serve fresh pastries, organic omelettes, paninis, sandwiches, breakfast croissants, fresh organic salads and lunch specials daily from scratch.
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a warm cozy place with variety in the food you will definitely love this little bakery. the service is amazing, I had breakfast with my family one Sunday morning and we were a group of 7 people, they immediately sought to accommodate us in the best way, and made us feel at home. the food is delicious, all fresh and of very good quality. They have some very rich sweets and one of the best cappuccinos that I have ever had. We will definitely be back next time we are in Daytona beach.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Hubs and I were looking for a late morning cup of Joe and breakfast food and we found this place only moments away from our daughter's house. At first we were a little apprehensive about the location - in a strip mall - as I have a bias against food places in strip malls. :) BUT - Herbert's was a delightful exception! We didn't get there until almost noon, so many of the bakery items were sold out - Oh My Goodness there are so many I'd like to try! Here are my some answers to questions I would be asking if I were looking for a place to eat:

Food Quality and Presentation: We shared a Ham and Cheese Omelette and a pastry and both excellent and beautifully presented. The care in the plate presentation took me by surprise because it wasn't something I expected to see in a small bakery. The regular coffee was good, too, though not the best. (We always seek a place with good coffee AND good food, and they are hard to find.) However, this coffee was satisfying. They do have an espresso machine, and make several espresso drinks, but the coffee was made in a Bunn. Next time I'll try one of their specialty drinks.

Food Quantity and Cost: Even thought we shared, our omelet and pastry were more than we could eat, so A+ for quantity. I like being fully satisfied when I leave - not looking for more. The cost was very reasonable - we got out with a full cooked-to-order breakfast and coffee leaving both of us satisfied for about 15.00. So, win.

Service: A+ The person who waited on us was very friendly, courteous, and attentive to our needs - but without hovering. He made an adequate amount of conversation with us and seemed genuinely interested in where we were from, etc. He was a pleasure to interact with.

Ambiance: Again, A+. Like I said, strip malls... But walking into Herbert's was like stepping off the street into a French Patisserie. I was so caught up in the experience that I literally forgot were we were. When we got up to leave and walked out the door, I had a moment of surprise when I found myself in a parking lot in Florida instead of a quaint European village. Truly swept me away. Kudos.

Would I go back? Absolutely. This place is a gem of a find. There are so many other menu items I would like to try. I would totally eat breakfast or lunch here again. I'm a sucker for specials, and they have them daily. I also have my eye on the House Special Grilled Cheese and the Monte Christo Stuffed French Toast!

Bon Appétit!!

2  Thank nwscwoman
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Went here for breakfast and tried the Hungarian omelette, coffee and cake. It was very good. Its pretty small inside and limited seating. The cakes and baked goods are very tasty. The coffee was outstanding as well. I cant wait to go back and have lunch.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I had the ham Ruben and it was phenomenal highly recommend to anyone in the area. Great people fresh coffee couldn’t ask for anything else

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My wife and I were driving through a shopping center and saw Herbert's Bakery. Good find. We already had lunch, but the desserts in the case looked so good we had to take a couple home with us. They also serve breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soup and an assortment of beverages. We will stop here again. PS: The desserts were delicious!