“Great Food”

Red Bowl Asian Bistro
Ranked #71 of 176 Restaurants in Port Orange
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We love our lunch dates at Red Bowl. Always fresh food and servers are pretty friendly. The downside: we've been eating here regularly and noticed a change in either owners or management. Food is still great but the music is too loud and not fitting for this kind of restaurant. Their music choice is more fitting for a club not a sit down meal in an Asian restaurant. Not kidding.
Will keep going back because of their delicious food but may have to ask them to turn it down.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Well my neighbor kept telling me about this place but just never felt like going on that side of town to eat. But the wife and i was ready for a new place and this was our choice this time.
Glad we went it was Saturday night about 6ish it was a little busy so we sat at the bar in front of the sushi dudes.
The sushi was flying for sure.
We had Pad Thai and a few chineese beers..yum
Price was normal. Nice place to sit and eat or carry out or delivery.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Yummy food. We had a excellent server, very attentive and friendly. We will go back. Clean, quiet (they do have music playing, not loud), comfortable seating.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We are not big eaters, so we always end up taking home enough for another meal!
We have lived here for 3 years, originally from Boston area and last year found this place.
Food is fresh, authentic and we can order 1/2 Peking duck. We tried a curry and shrimp dish last nite and it was delicious. The bone-in spareribs are delicious as are the shrimp dumplings and pan fried ravioli ....come to think of it...we've not had a bad dish here and we are fussy.
Service can be spotty, be specific about the order you want dishes served in. Staff is always very nice.
Be sure to ask for hot mustard and the chili oil (if you like spicy).
They have sushi, but we are not sushi people.
Highly recommend...we dine here at least once a month!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I have grabbed takeout from here before and the lack of service hasn't improved. I finally decided to go in and try to eat in. I had my grandchildren with me. We waited at the counter to be greeted and seated. There was a guy sitting at the table, but he was playing on his phone. I assumed he was waiting for his order or on a break as he didn't acknowledge us at all.
As we waited impatiently, this awful smell filled the area. A dumpster? Yes, exactly. It smelled like nasty trash. There was a guy at the sushi counter working. He didn't acknowledge us either. Light bulb!!!! Aha, the smell was the sushi counter. Ugh! Finally, a man emerged from the back and greeted us. As he grabbed some menus the guy stood up from the table and walked over. Are you kidding me? Nope! He then escorted us to our table. Hmph! Why start working now?
A dine in oriental place always offers a chance for hot tea and tea cups. I figured the girls would love ❤️ that! It was extremely hot . Once it cooled down it was fine. They charge $1.99. I was ok with this but figure I should mention it as this is the only place I've ever been charged for tea at a oriental restaurant.
There were two other tables of people while we were there so they weren't busy. We ordered beef with mixed vegetables $9.50, sesame chicken $9.99, barbecue spare ribs $5.25 and two egg rolls $2.40. The food was edible but not great. Maybe not even good. The youngest didn't care for the spare ribs so we tried to order sesame chicken but the waiter never came back. We finally caught the attention of some other guy walking by and got that order it. It was served as we were finishing up. Ugh! Then the long wait for the to go boxes .
My decision is made. Even though this place is very close to my house, I will continue to go out of my way and eat at Leahn's! It's a much better restaurant with great staff, great food and they show that time and time again. What was I thinking? Never again..