“Yum! Great dinner”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #29 of 182 Restaurants in Port Orange
Reviewed July 28, 2016

If you like pizza, pretzels or a calzone - this is the place. Wonderful staff, great setting and worth the wait on the weekends.

MellowMushroomPtOr, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for the awesome 5 star review! Its so great to hear that our guests enjoyed their experience with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant that I'm literally helping pay the mortgage on. Just kidding but this is very expensive pizza and worth every penny. You pay for quality.
My wife and son have visited every week this summer. I go once a month. I almost wrote a review last month but waited until this visit to ensure that the quality is consistent. Great Pizza but 4 out of 5 because of the price and a problem last month with the cut of their large plain cheese pizza. Is it 8 slices or six? Not really sure... Neither was the waitress?

Hey Nick so happy to hear that you and your wife are regulars with us. Typically, large pies are cut into 8 slices and small pies are cut into 4 slices. Often times we will "double cut" a pie to make it easier to handle. This is more of an issue when its a larger build like a mighty meaty or something with lots of toppings. We don't want all those toppings to slide off onto the plate before you get to enjoy them! Typically this is upon request by the quest. As you know, we offer unique hand made pizza, and if you have any particular preference please let your server know and we will be sure to accommodate you.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

The staff was friendly. The food was great. The portions was large. Very convenient to hotel. It was walking distance.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

We were so excited to try the new pizza restaurant in town. We have heard great things from friends who have this chain in their local town and the fact that it finally made our way was fantastic news. We came around dinner time 6ish- my husband, 3 year old daughter, a friend and her 4 year old son. We did not have a long wait and were seated close to the door at the tables facing the entrance. Things took a turn for the worst when our waitress showed up 7-10 min after we were seated.
By this time the kids were hungry and we wanted to put the order in as soon as we could because the pizzas are custom made....
The waitress shows up - she talks really slow, her eyes are glazed.... Most likely looks like she is stoned. Asks us what we would for our drinks? I ask her if they have cider? She says she's not sure and to look in the drink menu.....
I keep looking and finally find the page.... She asks us if she needs to come back. We say no no we need to order because the kids have been playing and are really hungry. She lets us know that the pizzas will take 25-35 min and if that's okay. We say yes no problem. We start to order and she asks us again if she should come back. She seemed really uncomfortable around kids.
Our order was placed.... We got our drinks. The kids got chocolate milk, my husband got a coke, my friend got a water and I got a cider. About 30 min goes by - our drinks need to be refilled and our waitress is no where to be found. We wait and wait and wait. My husband gets one of the girls from upfront and asks if our pizza is close to being done. She says she will check on it. About 10-15 min later our waiter shows up again! We are excited we really need refills since its been over 40 min since we saw her. She is high as a kite. She tells us that our pizza will be ready in about 15 min and smiles. We all smile and can't wait to get out of there. My husband just wants to leave and forget it but the kids are hungry and I just want to make sure they eat soon!!! We ask her if they can pack our pizza to go so we can eat a slice and take the rest home. She says sure and walks away.
We still have no refills, the kids are exhausted, we are so tired and thirsty and hungry!!!!
A little over 20 min later our food shows up, my friends pizza is the wrong pizza that she ordered .... We get the right pizza so 1 out of 2 orders are correct. We each eat one slice and get our bill. Honestly after such awful service and horrible waitress I would think the manager would stop by the table and say they were sorry, give some sort of discount for the discomfort, explain that the waitress is new....... Something
nothing happened we got the whole bill no apology
We left and it was dark after 8:30.
It was absolutely the worst experience we have ever had as a family. The restaurant needs to drug screen their waiters and do random screenings...... The management needs to step it up and not have teenagers run the restaurant. Then maybe it would be a fun place to go.

MellowMushroomPtOr, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Hi Ilona,
My name is Michael Moore and I am the new GM here at Mellow Mushroom in Port Orange. I am very sorry to here about this experience you had here. As I go through social media reviews, surveys, and other feedback tools I am using the information to help lay out a path of training to ensure experiences like yours do not happen again. I know we have a few opportunities and I will begin addressing them right away. Hopefully down the road you will give us another shot and we surpass your expectations. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

This is the second time we've tried Mellow Mushroom. It is busy, service is harried. Food is fine, with a good kid's menu, but it seems expensive compared to other (better) Italian eateries in the area. Good for large groups, however.