“Quick stop to pick up dinner on way home”
Review of Panda Express

Panda Express
Ranked #131 of 183 Restaurants in Port Orange
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Girl at window was helpful and patient. Although I had looked online at the menu, I had trouble finding what I wanted on the actual board outside when I pulled up.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Maybe it was an off day but I ordered the Broccoli Beef with Chow Mein for lunch. It was not good, very dry and barely any meat.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Chatting with some people and someone mentioned that he really like the food at Panda Express. I was kind of surprise since we do have an excellent Asian restaurant a few blocs from there. On our way home we decided to try this 'fast food' Chinese place and stopped by to try their Chicken egg rolls. Well, it tasted like something that was previously frozen - you know that bite you take and you taste funny watery liquid? I got sick that evening and my husband got sick the following day. So, no plans of returning for more taste of 'fast food' Chinese food.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Unfortunately, there are some areas of training that need to be revisited at this location. This location has specific jobs per individual, and it doesn't seem to allow them to let the cashier know someone's waiting for them to come to the counter.

Food is the same I find at every Panda Express.. to some, this could be considered hard and overcooked.. in actuality, yes.. some things can be hard, but they are cooked by the recipe pretty well... However, the portions are ocassionally odd. Even though it's called broccoli beef, we expect a decent amount of beef with it.

Yesterday, I was there a half hour after they opened, and they still didn't prep the soft drink area. When they turned it on, Dr. Pepper didn't work, even after 2 cups of soda water.. However, she did fill it at the drive-in station.

When I paid for my meal, I was asked if I wanted to donate my change. I said no, and she still took the $0.63. Unlike some people, I actually use my change and was unhappy about this. Since it might go in part to someone who might need it, I didn't pursue it. If they do this again, they will hear it.

This time, I got an eyelash in my food, and no, it wasn't mine. this was cooked in the same sauce as the fried food. Granted this does happen, it's still concerning to find it

Guess I'll have to take a photo next time. This location is at the far North end of the Pavilion, passed Olive Garden, and has decent parking and a drive thru.

Over all, this place doesn't stand out and has some training issues that need to be addressed. Even the comment system on their website didn't work when I tried to let them know.

If they really wanted to make this place awesome, it is certainly possible. The person cooking could be more active (artistically flipping the food) and proud of his/her job.

Hopefully things will improve, otherwise they may have a difficult time staying open in an area that has more restaurants per square foot than most areas.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

The restaurant seemed pretty new, so i decided to try it. I went in taste tested, a few entrees, and got the black pepper chicken, and a few sides.. the food was good, the service was good, the facility was clean, the bathrooms were even clean. It was fast and filling, the employees were nice and i enjoyed eating there.....Happy Travels!!

1  Thank john w