All reviews thirsty goat the cottages live music front porch bay view across the street within walking distance no elevator great bar presidential suite cheese grits made to order eggs chain hotels hot breakfast small town road trip quaint hotel
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 nites here in late June, first floor king sized bed. Mini fridge was in the room, along with complimentary bottled water and a keurig with a few complimentary pods. Didn't really need it, since fresh coffee and decaf were available in the lobby/foyer.
Live music all 3 nites at the Thirsty Goat portion of the bldg.
The hotel has two heated pools, one by the cottages on the side street, and one behind the main bldg.
I definitely found the folks who run the place very accomodating, very involved in the day to day operations.
One suggestion, maybe investigate more sound proofing between the floors, as the people in the room above us were VERY noisy. On Friday night, the late people leaving the bar sounded like an argument.., not quite sure how to alleviate that part of the noise issue.
Would definitely like to stay here again, as the hotel was well within walking distance to restaurants, shops, grocery store, banks etc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TinaPortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our Inn and strive to exceed our guest expectations. Sorry to hear you were disturbed by the noise. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Best hotel to stay at in Port St. Joe. We were glad we choose a 2nd floor regular room in the hotel instead of a cottage. Rooms/bathroom are small, European small, quaint and very well appointed. Don't bring a lot of luggage. Breakfast is continental with boiled eggs, rolls, coffee and tea. The attached lounge, Thirsty Goat, is a great place for appetizers and drinks. Use the hotels bikes to go across side street into town or out to the marina. At marina have happy hour at Dockside Bar at sunset. The hotel's location is prefect to walk around town, shop, restaurant hunt. We were there when there were no concerts on their lawn so we had a quiet, romantic, visit to Port St. Joe for just the two of us. Just what we needed.

Room Tip: Stay in the Port Inn rooms for an historic feel
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xenia T
TinaPortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay and out little town. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last year for spring break and decided to return for our anniversary this year. Good stay but there are a few issues. 1st- we stayed in room 100 and the room upstairs is very noisy. Not the guest, something in the room. Either the bed or the floors have a horrible creeking sound that makes sleeping difficult. 2nd- this hotel has a bar that has live music. Not a problem, the music didn't bother me. The problem is this hotel isn't staffed to handle the crowd from a security standpoint. The room next door had at least 8 people on the porch, there is no way that room is able to hold that many people. Were they guest? Friends of guest? They weren't loud but it show the management doesn't pay much attention. The big problem was the next morning when I walked out on my private deck. It was littered with beer cans and cups. I picked some up so I could sit at the table. It was obvious that after I went to bed 9:30 ish my private deck that I paid $200 a night for was used by someone else and then littered up. If the hotel wants to be a concert venue they need to step up with some security. I am planning another trip, I will try to get the same room but I hope these issues will be resolved.

1  Thank homewood_traveler41

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed all of your expectations. We have discussed the issue of guest with visitors that may be sitting on their patios and hope that we have resolved any further issues to keep any guest from being inconvenienced. I do apologize that you had to pick up litter off of your patio. I do wish you would have let a staff member know as we would have been more than happy to have taken care of that issue for you. Glad to hear that you plan to return.

Reviewed June 14, 2018

The Port Inn is SO cute! We stayed in one of the cottages one night after being evacuated from St. George Island because of a storm. Port St. Joe is such a cute little town with great shopping, food and atmosphere.
The cottages can easily sleep 6 between the king bed, twin beds, and queen sleeper sofa. With a full kitchen available, we were able to store all of our groceries we had purchased for our beach house. Be aware that the property is spread out and the cottages are not connected or adjacent to the hotel where you check in and where the "regular" rooms are.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the cottages
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, even under the circumstances you were here. We love our little town and are happy to that you enjoyed it. Come back and stay longer next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked a two bedroom cottage via an online travel agent. I received an email stating my room was paid in full. However, when we arrived at the inn we were told there was an additional $35 cleaning fee.

We were assigned one of the Bay View Cottages, which were located across a wide street from the inn itself. The front of the cottage was right on Hwy 98 with all the traffic and exhaust. The back was on an alley with dumpsters and other business detritus. Consequently, we had NO decent outdoor area. It was Extremely noisy, too. Furthermore, if we wanted to use the pool we had to traipse over across the wide street!

The cottage was well appointed, well stocked, and the inside was comfortable. The staff was helpful.

If you decide to rent a cottage here I would highly recommend that you stipulate that you Do Not want a Bay View Cottage.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations. We do have cottages located in four different areas. Highway 98 can have some noise with all the extra travel traffic this time of year. One set of our cottages has a pool located directly behind them. We would love to have you come back and try one of those. We apologize that the online travel agent did not disclose the cleaning fee and for any inconvenience you experienced. We strive for all out guest to have the best experience with us.