All reviewspet friendly hotelqueen suitepet feecoffee tablefederal highwayrestaurant staffjensen beachshower curtaindesk staffnice poolcomfortable roomsnice propertypool areahutchinson islandpetsmicrowaveflorida
Reviewed February 25, 2015

As usual, lets start with the positives:
- Staff very friendly and helpful
- Excellent location: several eating options available at a very short walking distance *
- Pool area very nice (well above average for these hotels)
- Convenient restaurant inside hotel operated by a 3rd party I understand (we only had breakfast tough) *

Following by, the negatives:
- Rooms are a bit small, at this point I guess I have to get used to it (BTW: I was given a suite upgrade, thanks again)
- After first night, cleaning staff simply forgot to service our room (make beds, clean room, bathrooms etc), simply unacceptable
- * Upon arrival we were surprised to learn that our stay did not include breakfast. Normally it does at these type of hotels, the classical plane buffet breakfast I mean. We were given contradictory breakfast information as to how and if kids pay or not and at what type of menu ordered. I suggest you clarify it with front desk and most important with waitress before you order to avoid unnecessary unpleasant discussions

Enjoy your trip !!!

JR

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JRiquezes
Erika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2015

Dear JRiquezes,
Thank you for your 4-star review and for sharing the details of your stay with us! We are so glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, our location excellent, our pool area very nice and our restaurant, Gatwicks, to be convenient.

We are very sorry to hear you were disappointed in the size of your room and the Housekeeping services you received. We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness and we will continue to focus on just that in the future.

Additionally, as a full-service Holiday Inn, one of the things that sets us apart from the Holiday Inn Express is our full-service restaurant where you can purchase a FRESH hot meal either inside or delivered to your room.

We hope you'll continue to frequent Holiday Inns and we would love to welcome you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed February 18, 2015

Traveling to Keywest, this was our overnight stop. Our room smelled like bleach, which is a good sign it was properly cleaned. The room was very clean and nice for an overnight stay. I would stay there again if needed. The staff was very friendly!

We recommend a restaurant down the street. Wahoo's on the water. Excellent food!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Dear genxer36,

Thank you for your 4-star review and for sharing the details of your stay with us here! We are happy to hear that you found your room to be clean and nice for your overnight stay and that our staff was very friendly! We hope you'll return the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed February 14, 2015

I had booked a Room unaware that it was a Room suitable for a disabled Guest. I was given another room after I had informed the Receptionist that I wasn't happy with the room. My new room was an upgrade,which did feel much better, it has to be said.

The afternoon Reception staff were very helpful, and obviously wanted to ensure some degree of customer satisfaction. Overall the Hotel was ok, but the carpeting throughout the property looked very dirty and much in need of re-newing.
I normally stay at Holiday Inns Hotels & Suites, and to be honest despite the upgrade, I think my next stay will be in a different location.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that despite your upgrade to a new and better room, our friendly staff and customer satisfaction that you would not consider returning to our location.

We will continue to focus our attention on cleanliness, customer service and addressing the carpet issues which you have mentioned.

Reviewed January 27, 2015

The hotel was nice and clean. The sheets were clean, but old. They need to replace them with new ones. The free breakfast was great with hot eggs, bacon or sausage along with other delicious breakfast food. The Wifi was terrible. The connection was very slow (~1 mbs) and it kept dropping. Couldn't watch a Netfix show without having to reconnect constantly.

Overall I'm giving the hotel a good review because of the cleanliness and the awesome breakfast. It would get a 5th star if the sheets were updated and the wifi was usable. If you're going to advertise free wifi, it should be usable.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2015

Dear Anthony D,
Thank you for your 4-star review and sharing your experience with us here. We are throlled that you found our hotel to be nice and clean and your fresh, hot breakfast to be awesome.

I am concerned because you mentioned your breakfast was free and at our property, we actually do not offer free breakfast - we have a sit-down restaurant and breakfast is off the menu. Perhaps you purchased a breakfast package as part of your room rate?

I'm very disappointed that you didn't feel our complimentary Wi-Fi was usable. We have many guests stay with us each night who are able to stream without any troubles. Additionally, we could have patched you through to our internet IT right away in order to alleviate any issues you may have had, had you only brought it to our attention.

We do hope you will visit again.

Reviewed January 26, 2015

We stayed in room 513 which was a Queen Suite which had a living room/sitting area and a separate bedroom on the 5th floor facing the parking lot. The hotel was very clean, quiet, and the bed very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but all in all it was wonderful and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Any of the suites were nice as you have a door you can shut from your living room to keep your room very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2015

Dear CAMellon,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are so happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very clean, quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed the layout of your queen bed mini-suite!