“Worst Hotel Experience Ever”

Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Our room was dirty upon arrival. The carpet had a greasy nasty feel to it and there was lint and various debris embedded in the fibers. The furniture looked like no one had cleaned it in ages. Overall the room appeared as if hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a long time. I booked the room with a microwave, but the front desk gave me an attitude and told me "microwaves are in short supply, we'll try to get you one". Wow, unbelievable! It almost took an act of congress to get the microwave that I had confirmed well in advance. Anyway, for 2 of the 4 days we were there, the room was not serviced AT ALL. We had to ask for towels and toilet paper!! On another day, they only took the trash and did nothing else. The front desk didn't seem to care, nor did the manager. They seemed too overwhelmed with other customer complaints. We had to cut our stay short there so we could go to a real hotel. I gave the "service" and "rooms" one star only because zero is not an option.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go elsewhere. Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Justin Price

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had to start by cleaning the TV cabinet of all the mold on the shelves. We never got enough towels, and the room was so moist (even with the AC on constantly) my towel from 2 days ago did not dry. I felt gross in this place. Spend the extra money and go elsewhere. The cleaning staff blew us off constantly and some days just tossed 2 towels onto the shelf in my 3 person room.

Room Tip: Check the room when you get there and if it's not a dry room ask to move
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve T
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Reviewed 8 August 2017

First to start we should have known there were going to be problems with this hotel because before we check in, we had to call several times to make sure everything was correct. Then when I arrived with my young kids went to our room to find that there were light bulbs burnt out. The Staff was not attentive and there were NEVER any pool towels and the front desk staff were just down right rude about it yelling a kids because they were asking for towels. A couple of days later I was looking for something I had dropped by the bed and moved the mattress to find moldy bed skirt and 2 hypodermic needles under the bed skirt on the box spring. I went down to the front desk they didn't even offer me a new room, instead they tried minimize the situation and tell me that they were diabetic needles, because diabetic people have to or would put there needles on a moldy bed skirt on a box spring. This place is gross the staff should all be removed right up to the GM that hid in her office or left for the day on the middle of a situation like this. On top of all of that one of the other families that we were with found BED BUGS in there room.. I wouldn't let my dog stay at this place. -

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Thetoygirl

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The room was very nice and clean , property is very well-maintained front desk was very good hopeful, the pool was very nice I have to say although I didn't get cups every day and They didn't even leave me an extra roll of toilet paper if I needed it

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Justin P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us!

I apologize for the lack of supplies and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will address that with housekeeping.

I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay anyway. Please come back anytime and let us show you how we do it the right way!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

On the main strip of Port Saint Lucie, this low-slug Holiday Inn exceeded expectations with a very friendly check-in, a clean and rather nice pool, the usual but solid breakfast, clean rooms and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rnarisetti
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn PORT ST. LUCIE. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to see you soon!

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 7723372200 or angela@360hospitalitygroup.com.

Angela Sanchez
angela@360hospitalitygroup.com

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This is the older HInn property in the Port St Lucie area. The rooms are a little bit smaller because of the dated layout but are clean. This hotel does provide name-brand tissues and toilet paper (Kleenex) whereas the other property did not. Ordinarily this is not a big deal, but we were suffering from allergies during our 2 stays and the softer paper products were much appreciated.

The breakfast at this property is table service and made to order instead of buffet style. As a result the food quality is a bit better than your average HInn breakfast. The breakfast staff are extremely friendly and provided many local tips and suggestions on the area.

The only con is that the bathrooms take a little bit longer to dry and air-out so a daily change of towels is necessary.

This is also the only HInn property in Port St Lucie that is pet friendly although the pet fee is a bit high at over $70.

Overall a very centrally located property on Rte 1.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Tleemur
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

I'm glad your overall stay was a good one. Sorry to hear that you were suffering from allergies. In the future please don't hesitate to let the front desk know if you experience any issues with your stay. We will be happy to do whatever we can to make your stay perfect.

Also, please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 772-337-2200 Angela@360hospitalitygroup.com.

Angela Sanchez
772-408-5123
Angela@360hospitalitygroup.com

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Due to the baseball training camps I could not stay at my corporate choice hotel, so I stayed here.
I was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean it was and the layout of the rooms.

I was upgraded to a queen suite that had two rooms, one living room one bedroom.

My bed was very comfortable, and the room was very clean and no stains or worn furniture.
I did have breakfast there and was very happy with the excellent customer service and how fast my meal came!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business