“Amazing!!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This trip was the best trip I have ever been on!! I am a 13 year old girl and it was amazing!! I had so much fun, especially because I met many new friends that I will remember forever! A special thanks to the "Latitude 25" councillor, Kelly. She introduced me to a lot of people and I will always remember her hospitality.
I recommend Club Med to anyone, especially when travelling with family! The Trapeze was super fun but there should've been more available times because it conflicted with other activities... The tennis was great, especially the teachers! There was a lot of cool activities for teens, and the shows were great! We were in building C, and the rooms weren't great, but that was okay because we didn't spend much time inside anyway! Thank you to Club Med for an amazing experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear megan_robertson_123,
Thank you for sharing your memories with us! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med and that you made lifelong friends. We’d also like to thank you for your suggestion regarding the Flying Trapeze because we value your opinion. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Your Club Med Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you are into drinking and not much else I guess this is the place for you. For us, everything was a huge disappointment. The pool is not heated and so unless it's over 90 degrees outside, who wants to go into a freezing cold pool? Oh, unless of course your main purpose is to get rid of your kids at the kids club which is just a boring daycare, and drink by the pool. The food was just ok and who wants to eat just ok for 5 days? The times were strict so when the buffet closed you were relegated to the grill which had a very limited menu of burgers and the worst fish sandwich I have ever eaten! The beach is not a beach, it is a small cove that is gross...I didn't see a single person in there. Not even kids! There were bats and racoons everywhere, and the service was terrible. The maids didn't even clear the coffee cups off the outdoor slab of concrete they called a patio...no wonder there were racoons. The ceiling in the room was so low it was claustrophobic. We checked out two days early even though we had prepaid and went back to Orlando.
Oh, it was the worst hotel ever!!!! Like I said, if all you can drink is your thing, maybe you'll be too wasted to see how crappy this place is.

Room Tip: Do not pick the bottom floor due to racoons and bats and the low ceiling. I'm not sure the seco...
9 Thank Bloomgirl1
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Bloomgirl1,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We regret to hear that your stay at Club Med was not satisfactory. Please know that we appreciate your insights regarding our pool, food and accommodations, and we’re addressing your concerns.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went there for 5 nights stay with our 15 month old baby. That was the first time I could really enjoy my vacation since she was born. There's an onsite daycare I can drop her off in the morning after breakfast. I know she had a great time there because there are tons of activities they do with the toddlers and kids in the club. She even participated in their "performance night" for the parents!
It truly is a great place for family with young kids. the resort provides all the baby stuff for us, including a baby feeding room with baby food and heating station in the restaurant and fridge for you to store milk etc...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynnababy
Dear Cynnababy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are pleased to hear that you were able to relax while our wonderful staff cared for your daughter, as our goal is to be sure that guests of all ages have an enjoyable stay. We hope you’ll be back again soon!

NY, NY
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a great place to go with children who are ready to separate from their parents to be with the Kids Club. My husband and I would eat breakfast with them, drop them off and go play tennis for a few hours. At lunch we would pick them up and then spend the afternoons at the pool all together. If they wanted to go back they could, if not they would stay. Our Deluxe Family room was perfect for a family of 4 - 5. They had their own room with a TV and actually let us sleep while they played in their room. Food was very good. Staff was very gracious. The kids club caretakers were caring, loving and very aware of the children at all time. I felt content leaving them with these people. Great fun! Only complaint would be to heat the big pool. It was FREEZING!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank thewootz
Dear thewootz,
Thank you for sharing your memories with us! We strive to provide a vacation for families of all ages and we are thrilled that you and your children took advantage of it. We’d also like to thank you for your insights regarding the pool because we value your opinion. We can’t wait to see you all again soon!

north wales. Pa
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was our third experience visiting Sandpiper - and as our children have gotten older, I was a bit concerned about the "freshness" of the experience for our entire group - from grandparents 70+, adults 40+, and kids 16, 14 and 10... but my concerns where quickly put to rest when we were created at the outdoor reception desk by the cheerful Ashley from Misssouri -, fresh cool lemonade and handtowels. Our room was perfectly suited for our need - in a wonderful water front room (We were in building A - it is the closest to the village). The kids quickly scattered to find their way to latitudes - where they were welcomed by Johnny and Teddy - and they immediately felt free to join in - or go off in small groups of "new friends" to paddle board or to play beach volleyball, pingpong etc.... The adults wondered into Slice for a cool beverage - only to find Marcus - mixologist extaordinaire - who make the best lemon drop martinis - as soon as he saw us walking toward the bar! His friendly demeanor and true passion for getting to know people make Marcus one of Sandpipers best assets - I hope he is there when we return next year!! The only negative experience we had was handled beautifully by Dee Abbotello, who addressed our allergy concerns , spoke to the head chef - allowed me to explain my concerns to him directly - and by the next dinner service the issue was corrected - and I would now highly recommend this resort to anyone -even those with specific food allergies - as there is now more complete and accurate listings by most foods - letting you know that there are nuts in any item. The staff was quite willing to do ANYTHING in their power to make our stay enjoyable - and I will miss my fresh watermelon and pineapple chunks delivers by smiling faces as I relaxed on my raft in the pool - knowing my kids were safe and happy! Give Sandpiper a try - especially if you have small children - but don't fear bringing older ones there too - it is a perfect all inclusive vacation - right in Florida!

Room Tip: building A has been remodeled = and is in a great location!
3 Thank spikespike
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear spikespike,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you loved our staff as much as we do. We work hard to make sure that guests of all ages have an unforgettable stay, and we are glad you took notice. We can’t wait to see you next year!

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Club Med is the most wonderful experience any 13 year old girl could ever have! I thought going to a resort with my family would be totally boring and there would be nothing to do. Well i was wrong. I was barely even with my family, which was a plus. But some of the girls there were really mean and sweared alot and called other girls mean names. My friends I made the very first day I was there and I just ignored them. We had an amazing time paddle boarding, sailing, and just swimming in the pool. Teddy and Kyle from latitude were awesome, but Kelly from manatees and latitude is really annoying and crazy. There is a beach about 15 minutes away from the resort and it is amazing too!! I had a great time. The circus G.O.s are super nice too! Especially Nick, Carl, Emily, and Carolina. Go to the one of the very few family-oriented Club Med's in Florida! You won't regret it! :)

Room Tip: Stay with a group at night outside, there are raccoons. The raccoons are nice though.
2 Thank Natalie W
Dear Natalie W,
Thank you for sharing your memories with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your family vacation. It is great that you were able to experience some of our many activities like paddle boarding, sailing and swimming. We can’t wait to see you again!

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

To provide some context, my family and I have travelled extensively, we have a pre-teen and a teen, two of us are diabetic and three of us have extensive food allergies (wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts...). We were all well provided for in terms of food (not easy!) and things to do (also not easy!). Every meal, a chef took us around the cafeteria to tell us what foods were safe for us to eat, and often had special meals made for us. None of us went hungry and that is the first time I can say that about an AI resort.
The staff were very good for the most part. Especially Kara, the ever obliging, pleasant and kind dance instructor. I had to be quite persistant with some of the staff to get the information I wanted, but mostly they were very generous, well educated and obliging.
Of note: the cafeteria is only open for particular times; the bar offers crackers and drinks but if you have food/dietary issues you should bring some emergency snacks; the resort is very casual; the store sells very little besides golf gear - a major marketing oversight, in my opinion; the rooms are very rustic but the beds are great; talk to people and staff to find things out as the posted schedules don't provide enough information and many activites occur spontaneously.

Overall this resort is a good choice for the price and especailly for people with kids.

3 Thank MLKinVancouver
Dear MLKinVancouver,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Club Med experience with us! We’re sorry to hear that your family has health difficulties but are pleased that we were able to help. Everyone deserves a worry-free vacation and we are happy to provide it! We can’t wait for you all to visit again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
11.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
12.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#10 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
13.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!