We went to Club Med Sandpiper Bay last week and it was a good stay overall. We took our 2 year old daughter. I chose the resort because of the all-inclusive amenities and short direct flight from Philadelphia. We rented a car at the airport and drove the 40-45 minutes to the resort. I had wanted to get the room with the extra sleeping area, but that was booked, so we got the Deluxe room (standard hotel room with king size bed). The room was a good size, but I agree with another reviewer who said that the bathrooms were not at all included in the resort renovations (those renovations seem to have been mainly the common areas). However, the bathroom was clean but you could tell that it was on the older side. When we arrived, there was a worn stroller in the room, a pack and play, and a changing pad on the counter in the bathroom/vanity area. The changing pad had seen better days and was quickly put under the counter as I was not going to use it. I was also glad that we brought our own umbrella stroller because the one provided didn't look very clean. We didn't use the pack and play--our daughter slept with us in the very comfortable king size bed. We had a nice view of the river and little beach and a balcony with 2 chairs which was nice at night after our daughter fell asleep.
Food was excellent, in the buffet restaurant (Marketplace) and the sit-down restaurant (Soleil)! We have been to a number of all-inclusives in the Carribean and Mexico. This food ranked near or at the top in comparison. The bar staff wasn't the friendliest in our opinion....mostly stand-offish. Our trip was from Thursday to Monday....I quickly realized that by Saturday, it was Spring Break. It got more crowded. One downside was that the pools (particularly the main pool) were very quickly crowded by mid-morning and people were allowed to save chairs by putting towels down and leaving them there all day. Annoying and inconsiderate. I think the management should do more to enforce the posted rule of no saving of pool chairs. We have seen that done in other all-inclusives. We spent some time in the splash park, which was perfect for our 2 year old and often deserted whenever we went.
We took advantage of our car rental and went to a nearby beach (15-20 min drive) one day with help from the front desk for directions. We had heard about Bathtub Beach from a couple of staff members and went there....it has a natural reef and lifeguard, so it is popular with families. We didn't last long, as the sun was hot and we had no umbrella, but it was nice to get off the resort for a bit. It was nice to have the car because the resort has no store to buy things you may have forgotten or realize you need. There is a Walgreen's not too far away, but it is not walkable.
We did not take advantage of the kids' club (day care) or PJ club, but probably would have if we were there longer.
The entertainment at night was pretty good. We enjoyed the circus and carnival shows (missed the Raggs show the night of our arrival, which our daughter would have really liked).
Overall, we liked the resort and would recommend it, especially for families with school-age kids. Seemed to be alot for that age group to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie