4,829 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonscircus teamfirst clubslice barevening showscalm poolall inclusiveschild caredeluxe family roomfamily vacationcrazy signspunta canachocolate cream
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Izzy was the best bartender and very helpful and educated on drinks. Heather was very nice and made sure our rooms was taken care of as well as any activities of interest. I will return because of them.

• Stayed: November 2014

The adult pool - cannot have fun there - reading pool only + 4 1/2 ft deep

The family pool was ice cold!!! The only pool not heated Got an ear ache form being in there = 5 1/2ft deep

The kids pool....well lets just say not for adults - to many kids = 8ft deep

The adult bar WOW!! I could not set my drink down because I was afriad some kid might get it!

If you are looking for a family place to get away this is the place to be, but if not stay way

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dusty H
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Living in New York, I was looking for a warm place to relax and unwind In November. Club Med Sandpiper was an excellent choice! Facilities (pools, jacuzzi, tennis court, golf, volleyball, soccer field, gym etc..) are in an excellent state, restaurants offer a great choice of high quality food and the team is really friendly and professional. Our room was of high-standard, clean, comfortable and spacious. Despite a big team to manage and shows to be part of, the Manager ("Chef de Village") was able to spend time with me and my friends and made sure that we were being taking care of. Excellent 1-week vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the C, D areas are very close to the adult-only outdoor but heated swimming pool and jacuzzi that offer a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2014

This is our third time staying at Club med Sandpiper. I have been going to Club Meds since I was a child. This trip was the first time that I was both incredibly irritated by numerous small issues but also enchanted with the Club Med magic that I remember from childhood. In brief, there were a lot of little issues, which, if fixed, would make this a much better resort. The people make Club Med what it is, and I think that this was one of the best groups I have had in a long time.
I will start with the good.
1. The food was overall excellent. I am vegan and had tons of food choices at almost every meal. I was not limited to pasta and salad, which made me very happy. I'm not sure about most of the desserts, but overall lots of veg*n choices. Some of the chefs were lovely as well, particularly the chef from Indonesia and a new chef from Russia.
2. Circus. The circus team was fairly inexperienced overall but were uniformly great people, both to work with and to talk to. In particular, Russell was such a great guy. I felt that he really embodied the Club Med spirit. Also Ross made me feel very safe (especially as I am afraid of heights!). He seemed quite experienced and IS A FANTASTIC JUGGLER. They were all great to work with.
3. Kids club. Why I was able to have a vacation. Most (if not all)of the staff seemed really great with the kids. The only problem was that there weren't many children there - not as fun for my kids). Frank was one of my daughter's favourites.
4. Tennis and golf. Mike is a great golf teacher and both tennis coaches are excellent.
5. Fitness. Maro does her best to make classes work with people who are super fit and those that I wanted to make sure had a personal defibrillator. She is also a lovely person.
6. Shows. Lance had tons of energy and is a great dancer. Really carried the show.

The bad.
Our first full day poured and they had no loaner umbrellas. Really ? I mean, come on!
Maintenance: the toilet in our room ran intermittently and constantly; our sink didn't drain properly; the lock on the door to the balcony was broken.
Housekeeping: yes, I want a bathmat and wash cloths EVERY SINGLE DAY not just sometimes, and I shouldn't have to call three times to get them. (That may have been a front desk issue). The woman who manages housekeeping did at one point go out of her way to get us washcloths and it wasn't a problem after that.
Multiple days there were no cups or towels at tennis and the water fountains worked poorly.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nicole i
Reviewed November 14, 2014

My fiancé and I had the opportunity to come stay at this amazing resort last week (November 4th-9th.)
We were traveling with his company as a business/retreat at the resort. Our entire group had a wonderful time! Danielle took such good care in planning our events! DURBIN, ETHAN and BRANDT (the bar manager) were amazing! It was nice to be treated so excellent all week! I'm missing the espresso martinis already! I felt like a princess every time I approached the bar! Drinks came out fast and were made to perfection! They even played some good music for us to dance to later in the night!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business