“BED BUGS!!!!!”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 19 November 2014

Hello I was in Club Med Sandpiper on Sep 25. my and my family were bitten by bedbugs. the bedbugs came home with us and it took us over $2500.00 and 2 weeks to clean our house. this was the worst experience ever. i have been contacting club med who referred me to their insurance who doenst want to reimburse me for the "vacation"

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
19  Thank Adi G
Write a ReviewReviews (4,290)

Reviewed 19 November 2014

I love the overall Club Med experience and try to do one very year. This was a last minute vacation, so I opted for a village closer to home than what I usually do. Sandpiper is tucked away in a lovely, upscale community but unlike most other villages,"civilization" is nearby and easily accessible. As nice as it is to be away from the hustle and bustle of strip malls and traffic, there is a comfort in knowing that all manner of local merchants are close by.
The village has been renovated since I was last there and is beautiful and very family-friendly. There are 3 pools; the main pool is salt water, which was so soothing. Loved the fact that there was an adult-only restaurant, a very wise option given the number of families this village attracts. The rooms are beautifully re-done and well-appointed. Sometimes I hated to leave the room!
Because I traveled alone, I read a lot. Once I ran out of reading material, one of the lifeguards, Perri, directed me to the on-site collection of books left behind or swapped out by other visitors. Once they realized I was alone, both Perri and her colleague, Alex, were kind enough to include me in their plans, which was much appreciated. Both were friendly and sociable, and extremely generous with their time and attention. I only wish I had met them sooner. The kindness and sensitivity of G.O.'s can certainly help to make a vacation so special. It was great that because Perri had enjoyed many vacations as a G.M. (Club Med Gentle member), she has become an enthusiastic, knowledgeable G.O. (Club Med Gentle Organizer). She is an asset to the Sandpiper team.

Room Tip: If your rooms is on the beach, be careful walking at night...the lighting along the beach at night i...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudesta
Reviewed 18 November 2014

Made our second trip to Sandpiper since we enjoyed the first one. This time it was a much smaller group but we enjoyed ourselves just the same. Lots to do for the kids and lots to do for the big kids. The food was great once again and the dinner company was awesome...thanks Perri! Perri also managed to get us dancing - must have been her infectious smile! The entire staff was great again. Really enjoy their energy.As I said before - for those looking for complaints you'll be able to find them but if you are looking to find a place where the staff cares about their guests with lots to do then this is your place.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 17 November 2014

2014 was our family reunion and there can be no better place to entertain a group with age range from 6 months to 66 years old than ClubMed !

Sandpiper Bay has all the amenities you would expect. 3 wonderful pools,tennis courts, sailing as well as soccer and a trapeze. Then of course there is the food and so much of it. The restaurant and it's staff is well led by Michael and Nicos who do whatever they can to please. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of those working behind the reception. A course in customer service would be well advised and hopefully Carlton who recently took charge will train them accordingly. Special mention should be made of Lindsey who is a great G.O.however the rest of the team of GO's seemed to be on a vacation while still at work. They certainly were not of the caliber we have experienced at 8 other ClubMeds we have visited. The most absent and invisible individual was the Chef de Village, Oliver Heissler who was rarely seen during the day.

The accomodation is what is expected at CM but a coat of colorful paint would brighten up the barrack style exterior.

Overall this is a great resort particularly if you have a family and with a few adjustments and personnel being reminded what ClubMed stands for it could be even better.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Izzy was the best bartender and very helpful and educated on drinks. Heather was very nice and made sure our rooms was taken care of as well as any activities of interest. I will return because of them.

• Stayed: November 2014

The adult pool - cannot have fun there - reading pool only + 4 1/2 ft deep

The family pool was ice cold!!! The only pool not heated Got an ear ache form being in there = 5 1/2ft deep

The kids pool....well lets just say not for adults - to many kids = 8ft deep

The adult bar WOW!! I could not set my drink down because I was afriad some kid might get it!

If you are looking for a family place to get away this is the place to be, but if not stay way

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dusty H
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Living in New York, I was looking for a warm place to relax and unwind In November. Club Med Sandpiper was an excellent choice! Facilities (pools, jacuzzi, tennis court, golf, volleyball, soccer field, gym etc..) are in an excellent state, restaurants offer a great choice of high quality food and the team is really friendly and professional. Our room was of high-standard, clean, comfortable and spacious. Despite a big team to manage and shows to be part of, the Manager ("Chef de Village") was able to spend time with me and my friends and made sure that we were being taking care of. Excellent 1-week vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the C, D areas are very close to the adult-only outdoor but heated swimming pool and jacuzz...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
11.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.4 km away
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#11 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
12 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Quality Inn Stuart
#7 of 11 in Stuart
9.8 km away
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!