This “resort” is definitely not for everyone. Actually I don’t really think it fits in the “resort” category as it is old, dilapidated and reminds me of an old run down summer camp.
I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference, but otherwise I honestly have no idea what would possess anyone to purposely book a stay at this place. Furthermore I am shocked that anyone would hold a financial conference here. The talk of the conference seemed to be the strange choice of venue. It’s certainly not what we are used to. I am not a fan of the all- inclusive thing either. Cheap liquor, boring and poor food choices etc. It’s all the same. Yuck.
The property is very dated and in need of repairs and renovation pretty much everywhere. The buildings were just dingy looking and quite frankly ugly. My “premium” water view room had shingles/tiles falling off the walls and laying on the balcony floor. The décor left a lot to be desired. The day beds were severely stained. Very strange color schemes etc. The room was similar to what I stayed in when I was in summer camp 30 years ago. Coincidentally I think that was the last time the room was updated. I think that many of the buildings would need to be bulldozed and rebuilt. They are just too far gone for any refurbishment.
Yes there were a lot of outdoor activities offered here, though none of that would specifically draw me to this property especially with everything else that Central Florida and the rest of the world for that matter has to offer. When planning a trip I really don’t think “hey…where can I find a volleyball net??” but after reading other reviews it appears that is oddly appealing to some people. To each his own I guess. It was nice that they had paddle boards and such for use in the river. Again, there is nothing spectacular here that I can’t find at better resorts in Florida.
I only had the option of eating at the buffet restaurant due to the way the event was scheduled so I cannot speak of the other restaurants. The food was average at best. There was a decent variety at lunch and dinner but breakfast was horrible. The coffee machine made good drinks so that was a plus. That is about the most notable thing I can say about it.
The fitness center was large and had plenty of equipment though some of it did not work properly. I didn't have a chance to use the spa but they had a decent menu.
On a positive note, the staff was really nice. Everyone always had a smile on their faces and always greeted guests warmly. They are definitely best thing about this place, but not enough to make me want to return….ever.
Many attendees of the conference (who had previous experience at this property) chose to stay offsite at the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn. That speaks for itself. Conference coordinators….. Take heed!!
No, I would not return nor recommend this property to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie