“A local favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

A stop at Thirsty Turtle is a non-negotiable every time we visit Port Saint Lucie. They have the best New England clam chowder you've ever tasted. My husband and I split the Seafood Combo with seared scallops, coconut shrimp, cole slaw, and jalapeno bacon mac and cheese. The scallops were savory and buttery, the shrimp was fried to perfection with a sweet citrus dipping sauce, the slaw was fresh and not saturated in dressing, and the mac and cheese was warm and delicious. We also had some yummy key lime pie. I usually try something different each time. You can't go wrong here. The only thing you may want to keep in mind - don't go if you are in a hurry. Lunch is cooked fresh, and it is worth the wait.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

When living in Palm Beach Gardens Florida I frequent the Thisty Turtle in Jupiter, so I was delighted to find one in Port Saint Lucie. The wings which they are known for were horrible, more than half of the large order with a group of four were under cooked and taste nothing like the ones they serve at the Jupiter location. I'll be sure not to refer anyone to this location, not even the homeless.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Four of us, two couples, chose to have dinner here one Saturday night. One couple had been here before and raved about it, but I was in the other half visiting from far away and for us it was the first visit. It’s a busy place, obviously very popular! But we were seated quickly and courteously. TV screens everywhere, but we came to socialize, and it was fine. The happy hour specials were terrific, and we settled on a pitcher of Yuengling draft beer – it was great! The waitress even brought out a bag of ice to keep the beer cold [whole plastic bag in pitcher so it doesn’t get watered down!]. Very thoughtful! The menu had lots of seafood, pasta and burgers, and one of us got the coconut shrimp appetizer as a main course. One a vegetarian dish and two of us got the shrimp scampi! All of it was very good, and substantial size portions as well. One of our dogs got a plateful of shrimp scampi [she loved it], as it was too much to eat for us! The place has an upbeat atmosphere and the waitress was prompt, attentive, and very nice! During our dinner we noticed a man dressed as a doctor [stethoscope, white tunic, head gear] and a scantily dressed “nurse” strolling around with him. As he passed by the more daring of our group asked “Doctor, are you taking new patients?” Of course he was, and we heard a very humorous story about how “Doc Brown” was trying to save the world from “Captain Moron” with his “Really Bad Rum”. He gave us all [complimentary] shots of his “medicine” which was a great mix of “Really Bad Rum” [trademark] and ginger ale. It was great! One of our group who did not like rum at all drank it down and asked for another “shot”. The Doc pulled out a giant hypodermic needle and squirted another shot into a small plastic cup, which my friend slugged down. We liked it so much that after dinner we shot across the street to the nearest liquor store and both a bottle of “Really Bad Rum”. In all it was a great evening, great food, reasonably priced, great company and a “floor show” to boot with free booze! Our friends said they had never been disappointed coming to this place, and later in the evening other local patrons of this restaurant heartily agreed that it’s the best place in town!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

A sports bar where we stop for lunch when we are in Port St. Lucie. They recently revised the menu for the better! I always enjoyed the blue cheese green apple walnut salad, which is huge. They have added a number of new salads and other items. I have had the seared sea scallop cobb salad which is excellent. My husband loves the coconut shrimp, and the grouper fish nuggets were a special and fantastic, the best he has ever had, and he is very selective. Good mix of beers too.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Forget the wings....the fried oysters are the best. I love their salads too. They have a wonderful coconut shrimp salad and a seared scallop salad. The menu does have the typical offering as well, but there are some unique gems. Draft beer, carafes of wine, and reasonably priced for families and couples. The Service is prompt with outside dining and an outside tiki bar if inside is too noisy.