“Hole in the wall joint food is da bomb!”
Review of T & S Island Jerk

T & S Island Jerk
Ranked #127 of 387 Restaurants in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed April 3, 2017

We were driving from Miami to Orlando.... looking for chow along the way. Got into Port St Lucie and starting goggling for places to eat. Found T & S Island Jerk that come with good reviews. The reviewers were not wrong... we came after 1 pm, it is a popular place amongst the local. So popular that they ran out of Oxtail stews... (sad face)
We decided to order their plate lunch special, prices were extremely decent and they throw a free pop to the special of the day. We had their fried chicken which they had sold out after we ordered ours, jerk chicken and goat curry with sides of fried sweet plaintains. The jerk chicken was one of the best that we have tasted, their fried chicken was pretty good, my daughter wanted a second order but it has already sold out! We had ordered another pound of jerk chicken and we were eating it with gusto, it was very well marinated and with a bit of a kick (pleasant kick to the taste). I enjoyed the goat curry that came with the rice and beans. We had a very satisfied lunch before we continued our journey. So happy that we found an authentic Caribbean restaurant. One of the customers were grumbling that they were out of ox-tail stew, the lady at the counter was very calm and polite in explaining to him that the kitchen is limited in their capacity to cook, once that is run out, they cook another batch which unfortunately we could not wait for 1.5 hours... wish we had the opportunity to try the ox-tail cos it looks super yummy. My advice... go early, they open at 11am, according to the staff, there was a line out of the door during peak lunch hour.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Food is great. Staff is very friendly. I go here occasionally for lunch to go. My only gripe is that when I do go I ask for the jerk pork and it's never done at lunchtime. They say it won't be done till 12:30 or 1:00 PM. I take lunch at 11:30. I've been there and other people ask also. I guess it's strange to me but I do love the food! Especially the jerk pork!

Reviewed March 15, 2016

I'd searched for this type of food (Jamaican) for several years & patronized another restaurant with great disappointment. Now I can say T&S Island Jerk is the best for delicious island cuisine. Friendly atmosphere with darn good food.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

Loved the food and the staff is great. Nice location with easy access. Facility very clean and nice variety.

Reviewed February 9, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for the first time and each meal was exceptional! OX tail dinner is enoigh food for 2hungry men. The jerk pork was literally just cyt off the bone and perfection! The jerk chicken was worth the wait they had just run out and its 415. The goat was 45 min from finish. So that's next time. We decided to eat in. And the characters that come into this place makes for very fun people watching. Christian decor, praise worship music. It's definitely set up for take out. Highly recommend if you enjoy traditional Jamaican food very authentic down to the brown rice n beans, cole slaw and plantains. We will be back!

2  Thank FoodSnobsFL