“Great place for Martinis”

Joia Fabulous Pizza and Martini Bar
Ranked #11 of 160 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It is a great place for Martinis. Don't expect a huge food menu...If you want to enjoy martini with some breads and sides...This is the place to go.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I guess since it's a martini and pizza bar, we should have gotten one or the other. We don't drink, so martini's were out, and we can get pizza anywhere, so we went for something more "authentically italian cuisine-ish". Ugh. Expensive and tasteless.

I swear, the spaghetti was from a can. It was absolutely gross.

The outside dining patio was ugly because the flower beds had collapsed and the ground under and around the tables had cigarette butts all over. The glass doors and windows were covered with finger and hand prints. Inside, the floor was dirty like it hadn't been swept or mopped in ages. The rug at the entrance had obviously not been vacuumed in a very long time.

The ambiance is dark, with black ceilings, dark wood, and black ceilings.

The sofa by the hostess station had a huge black stain on it, it made me think of a scene from a mafia movie, where someone had been shot and bled to death there. Gross. I wasn't about to sit there!

We had a 7:15 reservation. When we got there around 7, the hostess said "we have tables available, but they are by the back door, so would you mind waiting til your reservation time?", presumably so we wouldn't have to sit by the door. We agreed. No problem. So they came and got us at about 7:20 ..... and sat us, you guessed it, right by the back door, which was also glass and also filthy.

The table had not yet been cleared or wiped. The waiter who came to clean it, wiped the salt shaker right off the table on to the floor. While looking around the floor to help him find it (after all, it is dark in there), I noticed every table had a folded up cloth napkin stuck under one of the legs, as did ours. He found the salt shaker, picked it up and wiped it off on his apron, put it back on the table while smiling at us and saying, "you didn't see that".

Our table still wobbled.

The food is SO OVERPRICED! that my husband ordered an entree he would never normally order (it had a lemon sauce, which he doesn't like so he had to request they leave the lemon out) just so he could get the salad WITH the entree, as it was the SPECIAL that night, and the ONLY entree that came WITH a salad. Otherwise, you had to pay like $8 extra for just a simple side tossed salad, that's on TOP of an $18 - $25 entree! And then the salad wasn't cold and crispy and fresh, it was warm, like it had been sitting out for a while, and tasteless, just like everything else.

The pictures do not reflect the taste of the food. It looked great, it tasted horrible.

I had chicken parmesan. The meat was tender, and there was plenty of it (good thing, considering the price). That's all I can say. It had no seasoning, it was bland, bland, bland! I ordered spaghetti as my choice of pasta. Told waitress I wanted it al dente. She said she'd "be sure to let the kitchen know". I swear, it was yesterday's left over, reheated, overcooked and mushy pasta (think chef boyrdee), with cheap canned sauce (I believe I could taste the can). I couldn't eat it.

Hubby's salad was nothing special, and his pasta also had no flavor, in fact it tasted "off" to me, like sour, almost spoiled. I told him to get something else. He ate it anyway. I waited to see if he would get sick. Thankfully he didn't.

Plus, I don't even know how they are still open. Their hours are 5-9 on weekdays and 5-10 on weekends. Seriously?

The bathroom was also dirty and had no soap.

All the framed pictures of celebrities who supposedly frequent this place can't fool me. There ain't no way I would believe that Regis Philbin or Bobby Flay would eat at that place!

I mean, it was just a disaster all the way around.

Never going back.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is fantastic! Twofer Martinins Tuesday though Saturday. The bartender is top shelve. The food is delicious, my favorite is the spinach alfredo! My wife loves there thin crust pizza.

1  Thank ronaldmZ1637QL
Reviewed May 10, 2018

We had a reservation and were seated immediately. When we went without a reservation we waited for an hour and left without eating so do get a reservation. our waiter was excellent, knowledgeable and attentive. the food was inconsistent. we had an appetizer of calamari that was close to the worst that I have ever had. All breading, over cooked. the sauce served with it was good. there were 5 of us. 3 thought their food was very good. 2 of us had mediocre food. My son in law said the seafood diablo was excellent. My daughter had a main dish salad that she thought was very good.. Spinach alfredo was good. ceasar salad was not remarkable and the pizza was very average.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

This place had empty tables that they would not clear off with people waiting for 50 min to be seated. Manager would not talk to customers but told hostess that the kitchen was backed up so they were not seating any more until the kitchen was caught up. This was a Wednesday evening about 6 PM, not the weekend. At this rate maybe they will loose enough customers so the service improves but I will not be back.