“Decent”

China Star Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 161 Restaurants in Riverview
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Decent food. Regular menu. Quick and nice service. But I prefer a bit more authentic Chinese Food. Their Sweet and Sour Sauce is bright red which is not my favorite.

Reviewed August 22, 2015

There are many Chinese places in Riverview, but this place is one of the best. Good food and good prices.

Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

I'm sorry to say it my fellow Americans, but this isn't Chinese. I ordered Mongolian beef and it was covered in this sweet syrup like sauce. I couldn't even taste the onions. After spending much time overseas my palate has evolved and this is down right disgusting. It's doesn't fit the flavor profile of anything Asian. This is American all the way.

Reviewed October 15, 2014

One of the things most people, including myself, enjoy is the distinctive taste of Chinese cuisine. Great flavors. Pleasant aromas, My food from China Star had neither. I did not think it at all possible to prepare pork egg foo young and fried rice so that it has absolutely no flavor, but China Star did it ! AND, they did it at a low lunch special price ! The sauce for the egg foo young was thick and globby, and once again, they managed to create it with absolutely no flavor. There was this kid in my elementary school and he had this disorder where he ate things like, paste, straw wrappers, etc. Well he is probably the only one who would say this food is tasty.

The hot and sour soup was not hot and, again, it was thick and globby. This coagulant tasted as gross as it looked. No flavor at all. Looking back once again to my youth, I remember my mom packing my lunch with a sandwich made of pickle-pimento-loaf. It is a cold-cut, with a variety of ingredients, all held together by this tasteless, unidentifiable gelatinous substance that resembled clear flubber. I think that this soup was made with the same flubbery stuff.

I generously give this restaurant TWO STARS because they smiled approvingly as I departed, even though they saw me put 14 packets of duck sauce, 8 sleeves of soy sauce and 16 pouches of hot mustard sauce in my bag as I left the counter. Also, they have a nice sign.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I've gone to this restaurant about 100 times since I've moved to Florida about 5 years ago and this is the best Chinese food on the planet. My friend and I were ordering one night; we wanted to place two orders. The same lady that picks up the phone was extremely rude, and she had no enthusiasm at all. Even when you walk in to pick up your food she has this stale face and just looks so unhappy. Because we made two orders from the same number, we couldn't pay separately. (Which she didnt mention on the phone) Because my friend ordered more than me (she ordered for her and her boyfriend) she had to come all the way over there just to pay for hers so that I could get my order. We were heading different ways after we hung out but she had to come earlier than she planned because the lady wouldn't let me get my small order until my friend came and paid for hers. Ever since that happened, I haven't gone back.

3  Thank melaniex3