“Excellent food and atmosphere ”

Preserved Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Preserved Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Preserved Restaurant is an ingredient-driven restaurant located in the beautiful Lincolnville Historic District in Saint Augustine, Florida, on the corner of MLK Blvd and Bridge Street. Preserved Restaurant, owned and operated by James Beard Award nominee Chef Brian Whittington, serves authentic, locally-sourced, ingredient-driven southern cuisine, giving homage to the history of Lincolnville.
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

The brunch was delicious. I had an appetizer of cold shrimp and tasty cocktail sauce. My friend enjoyed an arugula salad before our entrées came. My entrée was their special eggs, fried oysters, and hollandaise on an English muffin. His entrée was the fried chicken over mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious including the glass of Pinot Grigio.

The only reason I did not give this a top score was the lack of service by our waiter Jeff. He seem to be very busy with his tables outside and we had to ask another waiter to refill our water glasses and bring us a check.

The restaurant itself is lovely; the wraparound porch outside and the remodeled interior are both charming.

Thank j.c. G

Reviewed January 14, 2017

My husband and I visited this new restaurant a month ago and liked it so much that we decided to visit it again for our anniversary. However, the quality of our dinner was very poor. The salads were drenched in very strong dressings, and the special of the day, grouper ( which we shared) was plain terrible. The fish was hard, the smell was not fresh, and the taste was unpleasant. Our waitress took it almost as a personal offense the fact that we complained, and althouhgh we were supposed to have a complimentary dessert for our anniversary, we payed the bill and left..

1  Thank Cedwards71
Reviewed January 8, 2017

I say potential as I really wanted to give it a better rating .. as my wife and I found the location , facility a 5, staff a 5, the charcuterie board a 5, the salads 3, the main courses 3 , truly. My wife had the fish of the day, in her words ( and she is not one to want much spice) it was bland very bland. I had the scallops, and the only taste I could discern was salt, lots of it.. totally overpowering the entire entree. Desert ( apple galette) also bland. Very surprised since the push of this place was/is the Chef.. maybe he was out this night?? or maybe not.. either way.. too many other places in St Augustine to go to, so we have relegated this place into our mediocre list. Albeit sadly.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

This restaurant is very nice with a wrap-around porch in a up-and-coming area of Linconville in St. Augustine. I ordered the spinach goat cheese bacon salad and it had too much goat cheese and make my stomach sick all afternoon. My husband ordered the fried red Snapper sandwich and he liked it and it was good.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

Too salty everything we ordered, we had the scallops which were good but the peas were so salty. The tuna was not really good either and the duck was delicious but under-cooked, the sauce was salty as well... Desert was good. Atmosphere and service was good.

1  Thank GVELEZMORO