Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steph S

Great stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
The Old Powder House Inn was cozy, delightful and beautiful! Stayed for one evening for a girls trip getaway, it was a perfect location for walking to dinner and lunch. Cadie the owner personally discussed and handled my friends food allergy. The breakfast was amazing! This is a must stay.
Date of stay: June 2024
    C$198
    C$202
6.5 km from The Old Powder House Inn
View more hotels in St. Augustine
All reviews garden room upstairs veranda cookies quiet at night street noise within easy walking distance flagler college location was perfect historic st augustine
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Paige was excellent. She welcomed us, spent a great deal of time chatting and gave us so much information about the Inn and Saint Augustine. The Inn was super clean and it's situated a few minutes walk from the old city. Our room was also great and parking is safe and off the street.

Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2024 via mobile

Was a very cute room. Easy checkout. Clean room. Just a different experience we enjoyed very much. Enjoyed the balcony and perfect location! Will consider staying again for sure! The breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed our stay! Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2024 via mobile

There were many things to like about this place. The building itself is lovely and our room was large and comfortable. The breakfast was superb and the young woman serving us was friendly and very competent. It was one of the best breakfasts we had in a B&B, that being said, there were some issues. As others have said the biggest was the complete lack of a personal touch, when we first arrived, the only person we found was a young man who was obviously cleaning up. He very graciously showed us to our room. All we had were written instructions on who to call and what to do. We were given two keys and told not to lose them. We found out that this could’ve been a real problem. The numbers we were told to call or to text didn’t seem to have any response at all. I’m very glad the only issue we had was about check out. I texted twice to the number listed on the sheet we were given and I also called to ask about checkout procedures. No one ever got back to me; this is unacceptable. Although the wine and the brandy, the cokes and the water were a lovely touch it would have been nice to have a wine and cheese evening like many B&B’s do where there is an actual human there to serve the wine and the cheese; instead we had rice crispy squares; as an adult I have not eaten a rice crispy square in over 50 years. This is hardly what you expect in an upscale establishment usually you get baked cookies or some other baked treat. We were serveddelicious banana bread for breakfast this would’ve been a great treat to put out for guests. Although the location is great, and the building itself is lovely and the breakfast was delicious, more attention needs to be given to the fact that there is no human around for support and the numbers just don’t work when you try to get somebody. .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernadette Z
Reviewed May 10, 2024

We loved this spot. The bed was so comfy. I loved sitting on the porch in the morning having my coffee. The people who own this bed and breakfast are so nice. They even have complimentary ponchos. We stayed in the Victoria rose room. It is beautiful, the whole inn is beautiful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2024

I dislike leaving a negative review, especially for a B&B, but given the five star reviews on TA I think people are entitled to a dose of honesty. My hubby and I have stayed almost exclusively at B&B's since the 1970's. I agree with reviewers who stated there is a lack of a personal touch that one usually expects at a B&B. This is simply a business run by paid staff. We did not see the owners. Our bed was comfortable but I have never experienced a B&B that used microfiber sheets. Our room was on the street and the window blinds were falling apart. The TV system was Roku. Couldn't even find the local news. But the worst thing was the street noise which was incessant. After enduring a late night due to motorcycle noise up and down Cordova Street, we got a brutal 6:30 AM wake up call from a gas truck delivering to the restaurant across the street. A local restaurant owner suggested the next time we stay in St. Augustine that we stay on the south side of the bridge as the old town area is noisy pretty much everywhere. The outdated toilet in the bathroom of our room was so low I thought I might have to call the fire department to get me off the throne. When we flushed, the adjacent shower gurgled and the bathroom smelled of sewage. No way I was using that shower. Breakfast was the interminably boring strata, bread soaked in an egg mixture. This place needs a serious influx of money to bring it up to snuff but more than that, it needs a personal touch. We were disappointed, would not recommend it, and will not be back.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cadie Camp, Innkeeper at The Old Powder House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2024

Holly, I am sorry that your one night experience with us was miserable. We are a mom and pop style operation. I am the owner and take pride in my small business. The details in my Inn consist of family heirlooms, fresh flowers, and a different style in every room that showcases it's history- not just a business run by paid staff (as opposed to volunteers?)- not sure why staff would be an issue. For the one night you were here, I was out due to surgery. I do not own microfiber sheets but glad your bed was comfortable. Street noise is out of my control which is why I provide ear plugs and sound machines in all the rooms, for those that are noise sensitive. Yes, we have Roku smart TV's with movie options and "live tv" options- over 100 different channels. Im sorry you couldnt find one that appealed to you during your stay. Thank you for bringing the broken blind to my attention- it was easily adjusted and upon inspection, I could not find how it would have hindered your stay. I'm glad you didn't have to involve the fire department to lift you off of your toilet; I find that to be an unnecessary exaggeration. Pipes are older in this 150-year-old home, but I personally did NOT notice a smell in your room. We have our drains snaked regularly and will follow through with continued maintenance based on your complaint just to make sure. You did in fact use the shower-we had to vacuum out the sand and hair. The strata was made special for you per your diet instructions- which were confirmed. I do not believe that you have spent lots of time in B and B's. We have a beautiful Inn and run a successful business.