4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-06-26
Expedia.comUS$157
TravelocityUS$157
Orbitz.comUS$157
All reviews tryp hotel front desk great hotel breakfast buffet wet bar spacious rooms busy road historic district balcony room visiting st the entire staff close to downtown nice pool old town convenient location definitely stay here again short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2021

I was very excited about staying at this hotel. I have spent hours researching hotels in the area for my family to stay in. When we walked into the lobby we were the only ones checking in. Patti was very friendly. We were happy with our room. The rooms are very large and we had a view of the water. I knew I had read that there was a free breakfast. I looked around the room for information and there was no information at all. I got online and read that there was a free breakfast. I assumed we would just go down in the morning and get breakfast and bring it back to our room (due to covid). This morning when asking about breakfast we were informed that we were to get a paper when checking in. We had to preorder our breakfast. We did not get any information about this. Breakfast was one of the reasons I picked this hotel. It was one less thing I had to worry about since it was offered. There was no information in the rooms, no sign at the front desk. We were the only ones checking in so it was not like Patti had distractions. I was very disappointed that this morning we were not able to get anything. Last night we also had the smell of someone smoking weed coming through the vent in our bathroom.

So just a word to the wise - make sure you preorder your breakfast!!!

1  Thank firstgradeteach
Reviewed March 19, 2021 via mobile

Patti went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great! Balcony room was great and surprised how large it was. Very clean and had a nivLess than a mile from all the local hotspots. Happy to be a reward member with this level of service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2021

We loved our stay here. We have a suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the water and looking into old town in a distance. Very clean and quiet the staff is absolutely amazing. Very friendly and helpful.
Has a nice pool and the entire place is clean and well kept. You get a Big Bang for the buck here. I have stayed in 3-4 star hotels all around the world and this one is as good as any of them.
I highly recommend them.

Room tip: All I can say is we had a suite on the North end on the 3rd floor. Very comfortable and quiet.
Reviewed March 15, 2021 via mobile

We spent two nights - and wish it could have been longer. The hotel was very clean, all of the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The location is perfect with just a short walk to historic St Augustine. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet, and well appointed. We will be back!

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed January 24, 2021 via mobile

I was excited to book this hotel based on the pictures and reviews on this site. It was more than I wanted to pay, but I thought it would be worth it. I started to doubt myself when our GPs had us drive through a rundown area to get there. The parking lot was empty when we arrived around 5pm. The lobby door was locked and I needed to use an intercom to be let in to check in. When I asked the clerk about it she explained it was for “their protection and mine”. Noticing all the empty parking spots I asked if a complimentary upgrade to a balcony room would be available. She said that there was availability but I would have to pay to upgrade, which I declined. I was then assigned to room 201 which had a window overlooking the parking lot and another overlooking the backyard of an auto repair shop. Since we were just one floor above the ground floor it was very unpleasant. I called to ask if we could have another room with a better view, perhaps of the river, I was told they were all taken, which I found hard to believe considering the empty parking lot. Since we were already there we decided to stick it out but when I then walked into the bathroom I was greeted by a shower stall full of black mold. I took pictures with my phone then went downstairs and showed them to the manager. She was gracious enough to offer to move to another room or cancel our reservation. I was already soured by the whole experience so we canceled and spent the next two hours after a long trip from North Carolina looking for alternative lodging. I appreciate that the manager allowed us to cancel but I feel that it is my duty to warn other travelers of our experience.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianaNYC2016
Patti McRoberts, Owner at Sebastian Hotel, A Member Of Radisson Individuals, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have passed along your review to management and all issues are being handled.. We are sorry for any inconvenience to you!