4 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$146
eDreamsUS$151
CheapTicketsUS$146
All reviews tryp hotel front desk great hotel breakfast buffet wet bar spacious rooms busy road historic district balcony room visiting st the entire staff close to downtown nice pool old town convenient location definitely stay here again short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2021 via mobile

Having never visited St.Augustine before, it was challenging to choose a good hotel in an affordable price range and good location, as many hotels were fully booked for spring break. I had read many reviews and settled on the Sebastian, which is right outside of town. I couldn’t tell if the town was walking distance or not, and didn’t know what to expect regarding difficulty parking, busy streets, etc. Overall the hotel is quite decent but a bit bland. It did not seem very recently remodeled as the room decor is ok but not quite as nice or as comfortable as the pictures suggest. We booked a fairly pricey room (water view balcony) but because it was only on the 2nd floor, our view was mainly of the mudflats, the parking lot and pool. We had to wait an hour to check into our room despite arriving well after check-in time but that might be just because of busy spring break and more time for COVID cleaning. A very cold, unheated pool is surrounded by a busy parking lot (which is not clear in the hotel photos.) The hot tub was good but at times, overly crowded. There were many families coming and going at all hours day and night. You can purchase a hot breakfast the night before to be delivered to your room ( didn’t try it - as we had fruit in the fridge for the first AM and just went out in town for breakfast on the next morning ). The Kreuig coffeemaker came with a decent brand of “donut house” coffee, the blackout curtains worked well , and the beds were fine. Other than that, the balcony, and the much appreciated free parking, I’d say amenities were pretty spare and there’s nothing of interest close by, as the hotel is on a busy road and I think front facing rooms would be pretty noisy. I also would not recommend walking into town, especially not at night, as it’s a bit further than expected and unlit . We had been told city parking could be difficult but we had no problems parking in public lots in the various neighborhoods in St. Augustine , and especially after dark, parking was both convenient and easy. Because the town was so busy for spring break, I’m glad we chose to stay outside of it, as I wouldn’t have liked staying at any of the more central small inns that were overrun with maskless tourists milling about. This hotel also has a small gym, and offers a shuttle to and from town.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjtam
Reviewed March 20, 2021

I was very excited about staying at this hotel. I have spent hours researching hotels in the area for my family to stay in. When we walked into the lobby we were the only ones checking in. Patti was very friendly. We were happy with our room. The rooms are very large and we had a view of the water. I knew I had read that there was a free breakfast. I looked around the room for information and there was no information at all. I got online and read that there was a free breakfast. I assumed we would just go down in the morning and get breakfast and bring it back to our room (due to covid). This morning when asking about breakfast we were informed that we were to get a paper when checking in. We had to preorder our breakfast. We did not get any information about this. Breakfast was one of the reasons I picked this hotel. It was one less thing I had to worry about since it was offered. There was no information in the rooms, no sign at the front desk. We were the only ones checking in so it was not like Patti had distractions. I was very disappointed that this morning we were not able to get anything. Last night we also had the smell of someone smoking weed coming through the vent in our bathroom.

So just a word to the wise - make sure you preorder your breakfast!!!

1  Thank firstgradeteach
Reviewed March 19, 2021 via mobile

Patti went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great! Balcony room was great and surprised how large it was. Very clean and had a nivLess than a mile from all the local hotspots. Happy to be a reward member with this level of service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2021

We loved our stay here. We have a suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the water and looking into old town in a distance. Very clean and quiet the staff is absolutely amazing. Very friendly and helpful.
Has a nice pool and the entire place is clean and well kept. You get a Big Bang for the buck here. I have stayed in 3-4 star hotels all around the world and this one is as good as any of them.
I highly recommend them.

Room tip: All I can say is we had a suite on the North end on the 3rd floor. Very comfortable and quiet.
Reviewed March 15, 2021 via mobile

We spent two nights - and wish it could have been longer. The hotel was very clean, all of the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The location is perfect with just a short walk to historic St Augustine. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet, and well appointed. We will be back!

Date of stay: February 2021