“Michael & Wendy Smith Stay at the Castle Garden Inn”

Castle Garden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I had to stop wa
hat I was doing and write about our stay at the Castle Garden Inn. The Castle Garden Inn is a beautiful setting back in time with its cocquina walls. The Castle has an architeral feelin and cuts and grooves giving it that real castle feel. What your going to find here is an amazing person and his name is Bruce. Bruce lives here and calls this home and shares it with many people like myself. Bruce and Castle Garden are connected and its very apparent with you met him and feel the love . Bruce is what makes this stay that little extra that will keep us going back. I wont mention what he did for my husband and I but i will say it truly defines his heart and love for people. I would recommend this Inn to anyone. Go and have a peaceful stay at the best bed and breakfast in St. Augustine and enjoy.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kings and Queens room and it was lovely. I cant wait to goback.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I just got back from a 3 night stay at Castle Garden. It's such a beautiful bed and breakfast. This was our first time staying in one and we cannot wait to go back. Bruce is so friendly, warm and caring. His breakfasts are amazing too. He really makes you feel like family. My husband called Bruce a few days before our trip and when we entered our room there was a dozen roses on my bedside. If you want convenience, it's there. Castle Garden is right behind the trolleys and across the tiny street from Ripley's (it's on the inner part of the street which is peaceful and quiet). We only had to walk about two and a half blocks to enter St. George street. It's in a great location. Would definitely stay there again. Prices are reasonable compared to other bed and breakfasts and Bruce gives you a heads up on just about everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was such a beautiful place to stay. Bruce was a great host & made us feel very welcome. He has a wealth of knowledge about St. Augustine which was much appreciated as it was our first trip to the city and we did not know what to see. In addition, you are centrally located to so many attractions-they are within easy walking distance. The room was very charming and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was delicious as promised and I did not want to leave. We plan on returning to St. Augustine and we wouldn't stay anywhere else! We booked our trip at the last minute (as in the day before) and Bruce was very accomodating. I highly recommend a stay at the Castle Garden Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The B&B is beautiful, the location could NOT be better! It is right next to Ripley's Believe it or Not and within easy walking distance of ANYTHING you could want to see, plus a trolley stop is right at the corner! Bruce was a gracious host, gave us all the information we needed, and we were even able to purchase attraction tickets through him. The breakfasts were wonderful and the room was very comfortable and charming. For less than what we would have paid for a hotel, this is definitely where we will stay on our next trip to St. Augustine!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Copelt
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The location is very convenient to walk downtown. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I went to St. Augustine earlier this month and had a great time. This B&B has a great location, less than a block from a trolley stop and right next to the Ripley's Museum. Bruce wa a great host. He cooked fantastic breakfast and is very attentive to our needs. The bed was comfy and the room had an old-fashioned charm. I would highly recommend this place,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was a very, very rare opportunity for us to get away. My husband is a full-time nursing student and we have two kids, one with autism. This was only the second time in 6 years that we were able to spend the weekend away. So we were very careful about choosing somewhere we could afford on a student's budget. We were NOT disappointed. We felt like we were staying with a favorite uncle...who happens to make AWESOME pancakes and french toast. We parked our car and didn't look at it for two days. We were able to walk everywhere. Bruce sat down with us and a map and gave wonderful suggestions of things to do and see. Everything was clean and cozy. My favorite part of our room was definitely the gigantic tub to soak in after walking St. Augustine's historic district. I would definitely recommend Castle Garden to anyone and I hope we'll be able to stay there again sometime soon. If you'd like to read more about our trip to St. Augustine with helpful hints and tips, visit http://stinkerbabies.com.

Room Tip: We were thrilled to be able to upgrade to a room with a Jacuzzi tub. It was ENORMOUS. It was aweso...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple