Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ed_Kal
North Attleboro, Massachusetts

Good choice for a night or two in St Augustine.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 5, 2024
Location is just over the bridge from the old part of town, so you are a short ride to sights and attractions. Room was a good size with a king bed and good size bathroom with shower stall. Everything is in very good condition and very clean. Hotel is quiet but a little bit of road noise during the night. Free parking. Air conditioner is adjustable and quiet. Breakfast choices were made to order from a set menu. Fine if included with your room, but if you are paying, you might want to look elsewhere.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Mar 8, 2024
It's great to hear you appreciated voco St. Augustine - Historic Area's proximity to town, alongside our generously sized rooms and cleanliness. We regret if transient road noise somewhat affected your stay, and we're delighted that our complimentary parking and quiet, customizable HVAC system were beneficial. Also, thanks for your input on our breakfast options; we'll indeed consider it, as we continually aim to create excellent experiences for our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again when you return to the area.
    C$72
    C$182
    C$204
6.5 km from Voco St. Augustine - Historic Area, An IHG Hotel
View more hotels in St. Augustine
All reviews la quinta bridge of lions rooftop pool nespresso machine front desk general manager nice hotel key card boutique hotel alligator farm historic area min walk comfortable bed rooms were very clean old city yogurt scott
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and the elevator was only up for a few hours on day 2. From being there it sounded like the elevator had been out an and off for 3-4 weeks. They fix it, it doesn’t work, they need a part that takes days to
arrive, they put it back in service, turns out it was the wrong part, so elevator is taken out of service …an on and on.

Moral of story - if you require an elevator, call before you book and see the consistency of the elevator being up. There is in Inconsistent help with your bags. You enter the hotel on the ground floor so MUST take the elevator or stairs up to the first floor to check in and for the first floor rooms. The hotel only has two floors - so if you get a second floor room you are walking up three flights of stairs. There is also inconsistent messaging around the fixing is the elevator - when I arrived on day 1 to find the elevator not working, I was told adamantly that the repair person was coming the next day to fix the elevator. I asked a few more questions later in the day and the next day - only to find out that they weren’t sure they were going to get the elevator fixed.

Also, on day 1 upon arrival to the hotel - there was no out of order sign on the elevator. I stood there with my big bag until another arriving guest came and I asked them to inquire about the elevator. They came back and told me it wasn’t working. I stood there looking to book another hotel on my phone - then an employee going off duty came down the stairs and offered to help me with my bag.

Traversing the stairwells isn’t so bad - but they do smell like fresh oil paint. It does become a distance if you’ve walked over the bridge of lions from the town Centre. Also to note, the hotel shuttle service across the bridge was non existent my entire stay. I was offered info on other shuttle services I could call.

The worst part about this - I never got a managers note of apology or was offered any type accommodation for my inconvenience. A small gesture was all that was needed - free latte or drink at the bar or a note of apology in my room would have been nice.

Aside from the elevator - the hotel is nice and relaxing. I got really good sleep. My room didn’t have a do not disturb sign - which I asked for a replacement, but never got. I always feared the cleaning crew would knock early morning - but they never did!

It’s totally safe to walk across the bridge of lions during the day and night - I did it as as a solo woman traveler and felt totally safe. On the hotel side of the bridge - the Blvd - make sure to check out Llama for dinner (you need to make a rez) and the Kenyan coffee grower place across the street (amazing coffee and pastries).

Room tip: On-site parking. On-site bar and restaurant- which is convenient if you just want to stay at the hotel and relax. Pool area is nice.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aussiebk
vocoStAugustineGM, General Manager at Voco St. Augustine - Historic Area, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2023

Aussiebk, it seems like you faced inconveniences with the elevator during your stay. We apologize for the confusion and inconsistencies. Rest assured, the management is taking steps to ensure efficient repair and communication.

We value your feedback about the need for better support with luggage handling, more clear signage for out-of-service amenities, and assuring small gestures are made when inconveniences occur. We understand that such gestures can enhance guest experiences.

It's relieving to hear that your sleeping experience was good and you found the surroundings of the hotel to be comfortable. We appreciate your patience when you couldn't find the 'do not disturb' sign and are sorry this took away from your overall experience.

We are glad that you felt safe around the hotel area and enjoyed exploring the local eats and drinks. It's always delightful when a guest can relax and enjoy themselves outside the hotel.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to better serve you in the future. Your review gives us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed November 7, 2023

I have liked my stays at Voco St. Augustine but this time the elevator was out at least 3 of my 4 days. I did ask for my bag to be carried down and the clerk said he worked nights because he was not able to carry bags - he made no effort to ask a young kitchen worker or someone else to be helpful. I was not impressed considering that they had my repeat business as well as 4 nights this time.

Date of stay: November 2023
2  Thank 15francet
vocoStAugustineGM, General Manager at Voco St. Augustine - Historic Area, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2023

Hello France,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you have liked your stays at Voco St. Augustine in the past. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the elevator being out during your recent stay. We understand that this was frustrating for you, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to improve our services.

We are sorry to hear about the setback around carrying your bags. We understand that this was not up to your expectations, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to improve our services.

We appreciate your repeat business and are sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2023 via mobile

Our 2 night stay was great. Jason at the front desk was delightful and hooked us up with a HUGE suite with a separate living room. The Terrace is a nice place to catch the sunrise. Pool is small but heated and was never packed. Plenty of comfortable sitting spaces around the pool. Room was spotless. Halls and common areas were always fresh and clean. Bar was always staffed. Good drinks at reasonable price with lovely flavored Lattes available for the AM. We didn’t get a chance eat at the hotel with so many other great options in the area The hotel is a nice walk across the bridge to the historic district and there is a service on site for a golf cart ride for a small fee. Also has shuttle service to the St. Augustine Amphitheater and this would be the perfect place to stay if coming for a concert. The elevator was acting up while we were there and would get stuck for a few minutes (probably 2-3) before the doors opening. My only reason for not giving a full 5 star rating and I’m sure they’ll get it fixed soon.

Room tip: Nice free onsite parking. Shaded on the ground level of the hotel.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KellyHight

Kelly, your review of voco St. Augustine - Historic Area, an IHG Hotel, is much appreciated! We're thrilled to hear Jason was able to provide you an impressive suite and that you enjoyed your morning views from The Terrace and our heated pool. It's great to see our cleanliness standards and the convenience of our location contributed positively to your stay. Regarding concerns over the elevator, we value your feedback and have notified the appropriate departments for assessment. We're excited for your return and hopefully then, we can turn that 4-star experience into a 5-star one!

Reviewed October 17, 2023

This boutique hotel is great- located near the beach and the historic downtown area. The staff was most professional and courteous. Alan behind the bar is five star.

Rooms are good size and very comfortable! Breakfast was also very good!

We will stay here again!!!

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings, it's wonderful to hear about your experience at voco St. Augustine - Historic Area. We're delighted that the hotel's placement near the beach and the historic downtown added convenience to your stay. Our team members, including Alan, strive to provide top-notch service, and we're glad that you found them professional and friendly.

It's also heartening to know that the size and comfort of our rooms, as well as breakfast, added to the positivity of your stay. Your preference to return is the highest compliment we can receive. We're looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2023

I have to say the gentlemen that checked us in was nice, but the room was not up a normal standard. First off, the tv didn't work at all. They tried to fix it but it, would not come on. We spent the night listing to the water drip in the shower until we finally fell asleep. I told the manager in the morning about our night, and she said she would take something off the bill. I thought that was nice, but she didn't do any adjustment. I would never stay in that place again period.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Explorer702486, it's disappointing to learn your stay didn't meet the usual high standards. We regret the challenges you encountered with the TV and the noise from the shower. Please note that your comments about the billing adjustments have been taken up with the management team. We would relish an opportunity for a second chance to deliver an improved experience.