“Choose this one”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Choose this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

There are quite a few motels at this I-95 exit but this should be your first choice. It's on the "quiet" side of the interstate and backed by trees, so it's a bit removed from the traffic. It's very close to some of the upscale outlet stores if you want to do a little damage to your credit card. The facility enjoys all the advantages of being fairly new. The suites are a well-designed and give a feeling of being much larger than they are. The breakfast room is spacious and well supplied and the staff is pleasant. We'd choose this one again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights and we loved it. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, beds comfy and breakfast was good. I can't say enough good things about this place, but if you stay here, you won't be disappointed. If we get back to St. Augustine next year, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelgirlmsp
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have stayed at this particular Fairfield at least a dozen times. The front desk personnel could not be more accommodating. I can't say enough of good things about the whole staff. The nice lady in the breakfast area is so calm even when the guest keep trying to burn up the kitchen by putting the English Muffins face down instead of face up.They tend to get stuck and burn up when you do this.She stays calm and retrieves the burned English Muffin with a smile. Always cleaning and making sure everyone has what they need. The maid service is also top notch. Nicely local near 95 so you can go south or north not only to St.Augustine. I could stay at the Courtyard down the street, but I don't. I am a Platinum Marriott reward person so I could easily, but again I don't, and it is because this staff is award winning. It may have to do with the owner of the franchise, because the Fairfield Inn in Jacksonville have a great staff as well and same owner.

Room Tip: If you keep check your reservation after you make it you may see it go down. Then remake at new pric...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JumpingJaxFlash
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review! It's nice to hear that your hotel is in good shape but, even better to hear that your team is "award winning!" We do try to make sure that every Guest has a positive experience and if they don't, to fix that ASAP! Thank you again for your review. I share them with my team whenever possible.

Lindsey Davis
Ocean Gate, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We have stayed at this property many times, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly new, so they are very modern,and up to date. The breakfast is not fancy, but they have very good bagels,and breakfast sandwiches. The location of the hotel is on the outside of town, so it is usually very quiet and calm. There is an outdoor heated pool to use. There are some resturants nearby, the chain type,but in ten minutes you could be in downtown St. Augustine,with a number of good resturants available. The outlet stores are within a two minute drive of the hotel,so if you need to shop you are in luck. The rooms are neat and clean, and the location right off of I95 makes this a good stop.

Room Tip: Try to book a studio suite, there is a small living room with a sofa and a chair, 2 TVs also
2 Thank Flyerno.one
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Very nice stay at this hotel. It was located just off the interstate but tucked away so you did not feel like you were staying on the freeway. Breakfast was very nice, lots of room to sit with your family. Did not get to use the pool or hot tub but they looked nice as well. Staff was alos very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank famtraveler69
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great clean hotel with courteous staff. Has a manageable exercise room and a nice, quiet pool area. A quick 10 minute drive from the Historic District. Would definately stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
I just had to respond to your positive review of our property (as well as our Sister property)! I have worked for this company for eight years and started my tenure at the Jacksonville property you are referring to! Thank you so much for your positive words! We always appreciate hearing the positives as well as the negatives! We look forward to having you with us agin when you are in the area! It's a pleasure knowing we will have you as a return Guest!!

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine!

Lindsey Davis
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

What a find! We took a chance after reading the reviews of another hotel in St. Augustine that we had already booked. We drove by this Fairfield, walked inside and was immediately impressed.

The person at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite. We were early for check-in, but were willing to wait. We went down the street and ate lunch at Burger King and came back. We were still early, so we spent some time in the seating area. When our room was ready, he brought our key cards to us right away.

The room was beautiful! We had a King suite on the second floor. It was clean and roomy. The sofa wasn' all that comfy, but the bed was awesome! It would have been nice if there were more TV channels, but they have the 3 major ones.

The pool outside was wonderful. I've never been in such warm pool water. The hot tub was just as good - very, very hot and bubbly!

The continental breakfast could use a little something .... the toaster oven smoked and smelled burned like someone had left bread in it. It's very crowded to get your food and not enough seating if you go around 9:00 am. Not a lot of selection, but what was there was good.

We had noticed that a light bulb was not working when we checked in. We told one of the cleaning girls as we were leaving our room and she immediately went and got a new one to replace it.

One time our key cards were not working. My husband went downstairs to tell the front desk and I stayed by the room door. A maintenance man came by and asked if I was having trouble getting into our room. I explained the situation and he let me in.

One of the other guests had place her glasses on a table by the pool. It was windy and her glasses were blown through the rails into the trees & grass on the other side. One of the hotel personnel came out and got them for her. The area behind the pool is all natural and grown up with vegetation, so it wasn't a good thing for the guests to go back there.

The hotel personnel go above and beyond to take care of the guests at this hotel. Niiiiiccce!

This hotel was so clean and shiny .... friendly .... and in such a good location it was easy to overlook some of the smaller details that we didn't like so much. There was nothing that made us want to leave right away or not consider coming back someday. I'd love to find more hotels of this quality on future trips.

There was a trolley that would pick up at the hotel to take guests to downtown Historic St. Augustine, but we didn't use it. I think it was $20 and then most of the attractions cost something, too.

We ate at Schooners - a family restaurant that was ok. Get there early if you don't want to wait. They got crowded around 5:00 pm. Apparently the locals like it a lot.

Hurricane Patty's is not worth going to. It's cute --- done in fishing decor since it's on the water --- but the food is not worth the price you pay. Ribeye steak was over done & tough .... scallops had no taste except the lemony liquid they were served in .... backed potatoes hard and service not good.

Now O.C. White's restaurant was AWESOME! Well worth the price. The St. Augustine Grouper was delicious, as was the crabmeat artichoke appetizer. Prices were about the same as everyone else's. Worth the drive ... a little tricky for parking, though.

All-in-all, this hotel was perfect! Loved staying there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your accolades! I always encourage my team to read the reviews of our property whenever they have the chance. It's always educational for all of us! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I understand there were some inconveniences in regards to some of our services, particulouarly breakfast. Currently, Marriott is working on "revamping" our breakfast for our brand. They are rethinking not just the items we serve but, also the flow of the area and what we can do to relieve the "rush" for our Breakfast Attendants as well as our Guests. We recently switched back to the conveyor toaster based on it's speed however, we are also recognizing there are challenges.

I certainly appreciate your comments, kind words and constructive feedback! We can't fix it if we don't know it's wrong! We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future! Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine and making Marriott your Brand of Choice!

Lindsey Davis - General Manager