2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-04-24
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
FindHotelUS$160
PricelineUS$171
Agoda.comUS$171
All reviews newly renovated rooms great location wink wink single cup coffee maker location price walking distance offer free parking parking is tight can't beat the price beautiful bay historic district front office restaurants and bars old town bridge of lions great little place short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2020 via mobile

Stay anywhere but here. Cheap strong Chemical smell is absolutely Unbearable we had to leave door open 2 hours just to be able breath. Bathroom and Shower are super tiny. Management is horrible. Kicked BOTH my bf and myself out at 8pm for having a verbal (non-physical) dispute with eachother. Completely ruined my birthday weekend. Didn’t get to spend a single night there yet They Refused to refund us ANY money... and all this after I had just lost both of my grandparents too... I desperately needed a retreat. Instead we were forced to drive home 4hrs in the dark. Had to blare music whole way home just to not fall asleep at the wheel.

When there is a verbal dispute between a couple that arrived together it is both completely unethical to kick BOTH parties out, (especially when you’re aware they arrived in 1 car) And keep ALL of the money after kicking BOTH parties out (for a 3 day weekend when they didn’t stay a single night) as I’m sure the room was resold for the rest of that busy weekend. Bad bad unethical business.

Date of stay: August 2020
Marion MotorLodge, Owner at Marion Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's sad your birthday weekend was cut-short. We hope everyone planning a birthday party here heed your warning, and change their plans or at least avoid verbal disputes when they visit the Marion Motor Lodge.

Reviewed August 4, 2020

So we decided to vist St. Augustine again this year for our annual boat trip and was recommended to stay at The Marion Motor Lodge! Well OK..... we’ll give it a shot!!! Wise decision, not only a short walk from the marina, but super clean (newly renovated rooms) rooms and pool. The staff was very helpful with any needs at the hotel as well as recommendations for food and beverages each day! I (we) recommend that you give this place at try if St. Augustine is your next destination ( Via boat, car, air plane etc...)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

This place is perfect for boating in! What a great idea! And thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2020 via mobile

Tried to book a room at this establishment for 6 nights. After 3 failed attempts to book online for $109/night for 6 night total of $654 plus fees, I called the hotel to book directly. Spoke with employee who stated she was with a customer & requested to call me back in 5 minutes. She did call back & I referred to my dates & she quoted a higher price. I explained the price available online & she then stated she was “new” & would need to call me back in an hour. No call back of course. After several hours, I called again as now this room is no longer available online and was told that 1 of my nights requested is booked. Go figure! Sorry St Augustine...hope you all survive Covid except this screw you hotel...we’re now planning our 6 night stay in Savannah GA. I will not support this kind of business. These people now cost the whole city. We’re staying elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are so sorry to hear about your experience when you called the Marion Motor Lodge. We have had some turn over lately, but that's no excuse. With new staff trained and fixing the rate distribution software, we should be more consistent from now.
Please give us another chance when you visit St Augustine.

Reviewed July 30, 2020

Booking and checking in was easy but there is absolutely NO WAY this room was worth $90/night. From killing spiders until 4am, to the bed smelling like someone ran a marathon then doused their sweat all over the bed- I will not be returning. Also, there is mold in the shower and apparently meth-heads like to hang out in the parking lot at all hours. Management needs to fix these issues. Especially with a pandemic happening. Bed sheets, pillows and comforters SHOULD BE washed and cleaned.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Yes, we agree and have taken steps. Thank you for brining this to our attention.
Please try us again the next time your in town.

Reviewed July 19, 2020 via mobile

First the good:
Best price for the location
Waterfront
Balcony
Good sized rooms
Rooms have fridge

Now the bad:
Trashy clientele
Smokers everywhere
I’m just gonna say trashy clientele again for extra emphasis
Dirty pool

Date of stay: July 2020

Yikes! We have to pool cleaned once a week...! :)
But thank you for taking the time to write.
We hope you try us again next time.