“Saturday Date Night”

Aviles
Ranked #103 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate, extremely fresh ingredients, and incredible value.
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Always curious, this hidden gem is the best I've had forever, my husband and I were greeted by Olivia, cute courteous and professional Hostest with the Mostest, served by Hunter who is newer and absolutely adorable. Knows her menu and we weren't dissapointed!!! Amy came over and we had the best conversations with her!! Truly a pleasant surprise.

Walt and Laurie Collier

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Large family gathering for breakfast and lunch
during our weeklong stay
Excellent service, good food
reasonably priced

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We feel like Aviles is often overlooked because it is inside of the Hilton.
The food is excellent and it is a lovely location with valet parking!
Try the Thursday night pasta special- wow!
We love this place.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We were at Aviles for our 50th anniversary. We ordered the mussels and the grilled Caesar salad for appetizers. The mussels were probably the best I’ve ever had. I literally licked the bowl clean. The grilled Caesar was quite novel and lovable. Grilled to perfection. For entrees, my wife ordered rack of lamb and I ordered the Grouper with soft shelled crabs. Both entrees were solid preparations. The plates were dressed perfectly. The grouper was not overcooked, rather moist and tasted of the ocean. Quite a bit of heaven on the plate. Darren, our waiter was so attentive without being intrusive. Just the right amount of attention. The wine selection that he made went perfectly with both entrees. Olivia, also a server, made our experience marvelous. And, for dessert, we were served the most heavenly key lime cheesecake.
We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The parking valet was friendly in his service and began the welcoming experience. The restaurant is warm and inviting when you enter and makes you to come back when you leave. Congratulations to the kitchen and the service staff at all levels.

1  Thank buvezvin
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We had always loved this place (see my 2012 review). We treated friends for a special night out . Two of us ordered steaks (turned out they only had one strip left, friend had ribeye). I ordered my steak "as rare as Chef will send it out". It came out only slightly pink. My friends was overcooked too. (but seeing the fuss that had been stirred, he ate it anyway) . I had to get the attention of the server (shouldnt they stand by while you are cutting it to assure it is to your liking? Even Longhorn does that)/ . She looked at it, and said it looked rare to her. (whaaat?) . Then she said only the part near the bone looked tough. (It was boneless, and tough wasn't the complaint). Finally she took it away and I ordered something else. THEN the manager cam out, not to apologize, but to further argue that the steak should have been acceptable. She said that it was aged steak and aged steak always gets grey when cooked. (horseballs) . The rest of the evening seemed like a war zone. We were afraid to ask for a glass of water. Never again, and what a shame because we loved it. We were embarassed in front of our friends, whom we were treating for the evening.

1  Thank Linda B