All reviews across the bridge bridge of lions rocking chairs egg casserole waterfront room dolphins playing river view happy hour watch the boats old town blackout curtains saw dolphins matanzas river downtown st overlooking the water social hour fresh fruit
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

We were greeted very warmly by Sue who walked us to our room. The room was very clean and comfortable. Being right over the Bridge of Lions gives you easy access to all of what St. Augustine has to offer and was a pleasant 5 minute walk with our two children.

Breakfast the next day was wonderful!

Would definitely stay here again -

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Gwenaelle D, General Manager at Edgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Sue is a real asset for the Edgewater Inn and we are all committed to make every stay special, . I will share with my team your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you very soon

Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

It's true that a stay at a small, older inn/motel is all too often a 'hit or miss'. The Edgewater Inn, that sits at the foot of The Bridge of Lions, is absolutely a HIT. The room I was in was very spacious with windows (w/blinds) across most of the width of the spacious room and faced Matanzas Bay. The room was equipped with a good-sized flat screen TV; microwave; fridge; Keurig coffee maker (w/complimentary coffee pods); wi-fi, and a very nice updated bathroom with a roomy tiled walk-in shower, nice vanity with cubbies for linens and hair dryer (not one of those icky pull-out-the-retractable-cord dryers that are so annoying), and good lighting. There are rocking chairs and a small table facing the bay outside each room for some relaxing solitude. Although my room was located within rock-throwing distance of the bridge (literally), no traffic noises or clanging drawbridge signal bells were heard inside the room. It was very quiet. In my particular room with the wide windows, some light from the outside walkway ceiling lights did seep in around the blinds. This can be easily remedied with a simple sleep mask if a totally dark room is required for good sleep. There is complimentary breakfast, as well as treats in the early evening. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Further, the inn is located a mere 10-minute walk across the bridge from the marina and Historic District, eliminating the traffic and parking nightmare of the area. Stay here to be delightfully surprised. This photo was shot right outside the doorway.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

What an amazing review, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are all committed to make every stay special. I will share with my team your feedback. I'm so happy to hear you had a great time with us and we are a "HIT", experienced our breakfast and social hour. We look forward to welcoming you very soon

Reviewed March 25, 2016

I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful little inn. The staff is absolutely incredible - they really care about each and every person who stays in their little facility, remembering names and requests and issues and making sure they do everything in their power to make your visit to St. Augustine perfect! The breakfast each morning was relaxing and delectable - egg casseroles in different varieties each day, along with a meat, bread, fresh fruit, and the usual continental offerings. The room was clean and the bed delightfully comfortable! We had a few small complaints - the WiFi was only mostly reliable, our TV remote never worked correctly, and there was a light right outside of our room that really lit up our bedroom each night and the blinds didn't help much. I would suggest blackout curtains for this room! (directly next to lobby). Other than that, our stay was PERFECT and we couldn't ask for a better vacation! You are literally a brief, pleasant walk across the Bridge of Lions into historic downtown, which was wonderful as finding parking there can be a pain. My husband and I also LOVED how relaxing it was on our side of the water, when just across was the hustle and bustle of never-sleeping St. Augustine! Excellent place, perfect location, incredible vacation!

Room Tip: Choose a room that does NOT have a light directly outside the window!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

What an amazing review, thank you so much. We are dedicated to make every stay an unique experience. I'm very happy you enjoyed our breakfast and had an incredible vacation. I will share with my team your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2016

Very friendly staff. Within walking distance of historic St Augustine. Clean and neat. Evening happy hour with complimentary wine and cheese and fruit. My only complaint - outside lights were on all night above each room door and no black out curtains. Our room was light all night which made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear John,

I truly appreciate you took the time to share your experience with other travelers. I will share with my team your feedback, I'm happy you enjoyed our social hour. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

I found this jewel on TripAdvisor, but it was also recommended by my friend for my first overnight in St. Augustine. I found the staff to be wonderful, pleasant, and very accommodating. The Inn is perfectly located to St. Augustine. Walking distance of so many restaurants, shops, and attractions. Our room was beautiful, with the bayfront view & rocking chairs, and modern amenities. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I will definitely stay again. As with other reviews, the only negative thing that I observed was that at night it is a bit bright in the room from the outside lighting, the blinds just do not block enough of the lighting. Some blackout curtains in addition to the blinds would eliminate that issue.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm very happy to hear you had a great time with us. I will share with my team your feedback as we are committed to make every guests' stay unique.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon

gwen