Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$88
PricelineUS$88
Agoda.comUS$88
TripadvisorUS$88
FindHotel
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2019

My husband made reservations over the phone about 10 days ago. We drove the 3 hours to St. Augustine, arriving at 3:00 pm to be told by the desk clerk that we had no reservations. We had booked when it was a $97 dollar rate for two nights. We told her we talked with a man on the phone that took our credit card information and dates. When my husband asked for confirmation number on that call the man said 'oh, I have your infor down and we don't need a comfirmation number we are a small motel'. Granted it was silly of him to believe this man but he had taken our credit card number and we had called the Lion Inn. My husband did not tell me this about confirmation until we were standing at the desk. The clerk then said we don't take reservations over the phone. I had a friend call back to make on for later in January and guess what, they do take phone reservations. We had all the hotel info written down from our phone call. EVERY Hotel in St. Augustine was booked and we had to drive 3 hours south in the rain to get home. We were told by other people in St. Augustine as we looked for another hotel that the Lion Inn does that to be able to book for the higher rate that day. They purposely take your reservation just in case they don't have the opportunity to sell it higher then you still show up This is outrageous. Plus once we got there and looked around we know it was a dump.
DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. LION INN IS DISHONEST

Room tip: No room here is good
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

Good location oh and good location. If you like watching tv, plenty of channels. Rooms clean. This is a very noisy hotel, might as well slept in middle of the road. The sound proofing is non existent between walls and the windows. Once the main road traffic dies down about 1am you get a chance of sleep unless the next room is talking.
Would I stay again? No

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2019

We arrived later than planned and had to ring a bell to get service, but they promptly came. The room had recently been updated - so we were pleased with everything being nice and fresh - especially the carpet and the bathroom.
There was a fridge in the room which is always appreciated, especially in warmer weather. There were towels for two people and a bathmat. The shower likely used to also have a bath tub, so it was plenty large. I really liked that. We were given two bars of soap. No shampoo or conditioner. It may have said that on the website, but we had our own - so no worries.
There is NOT a coffee maker or coffee in the room. The friend with me saw a coffee pot in the office, but the office does not open until 8:00. The coffee would have been nice, but not a deal breaker for me. This inn was in an area we wanted to be in, it was very clean and had a comfortable bed( Pillows a bit high for my liking).
All in all - we were pleased with staying here and will likely stay again when's the area.

Room tip: Not really a busy place , but I would request a room not right beside the road.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Nice clean room, would have been better with coffee maker. Nice bathroom, with all the fees it was about $100 a night. Comfortable bed. This hotel has free parking and is in a quiet part of st Augustine.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2019

I can't understand why this Motel has so bad ratings. We stayed here one night and it was really ok. In comparison with other Hotels in Saint Augustine it is really affordable.
The room was clean and the furnitures were in a good shape. The Bathroom was also superclean.
Unfortunately the oldtown of Saint Augustine is a 20 Minutes walk away.

Date of stay: December 2018