Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Clean and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown St. Augustines for three days in May. It was clean and very quiet. We didn't eat at the in house restaurant because we are not very cost effective at buffet meals but it looked very nice. We would stay there again.

1 Thank ClamTom
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments. On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn staff, I appreciate the fantastic sentiments expressed. You are always welcome to come and visit us anytime you are in St Augustine. Thank you again and take care.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel staff was friendly, and the room was spacious. I did notice some stains and spots on the linens, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Overall it was a good experience. We only stayed one night and it was raining the entire time so we basically just stayed in the room, but that was just fine. The room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker which was nice. My husband also enjoyed the comfortable easy chair for sitting and watching television. The main problem with this hotel is that it is not very close to downtown historic Saint Augustine. So if you want to walk it may not be the right place to stay. However, if you don't mind driving down and finding parking then this place will suit you just fine!

3 Thank Rach0626
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am pleased that found the hotel to your liking, and I will happily pass along the news to the staff. Concerning the location, I apologize for any inconvenience as far as your expectation of our proximity to the heart of the historic district. I hope that you found a good parking space and enjoyed your visit. If you find yourself in the St Augustine area again, please come and visit us.

Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

was there last week for 4 nights, we enjoyed our stay, room was clean and the ac worked great. Nice location just a little far from the action, but we had a car.

the only issue we had was the internet would slow down (need a upgrade)

We would stay again.

1 Thank firebear1961
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time give us your comments. I appreciate your good words and I will happily pass them along to the staff. It just so happens that we are upgrading our Internet to provide better service, so your feedback is being taken to heart. Please come and visit us again if you find yourself in the area.

Sanford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights while visiting St Augustine and enjoyed it. The hotel is well located, the historic district is about a 10 minute walk and the outlets and beach are a short drive away. There were several places to eat by the hotel. Breakfast is served by the lobby, but it seemed a little expensive for what was available there, so we walked to nearby restaurants both mornings. The room was nice, it had a refrigerator and microwave which proved useful during our stay. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the staff was friendly throughout our stay. I only wish that this hotel was pet friendly, I hate having to board my dog. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank clearskys79
On behalf of the entire staff I wish to thank you kindly for your fantastic remarks. I very much appreciate the time you spent letting us know that we treated you well during your stay. If you find yourself in the area again we would love to have you visit us again.
Take care.

Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked through priceline name your own price. Since it was a busy weekend I ended up paying $110/night for 3 days and 2 nights stay. I saved around $30/night. I was pretty sure I was gonna get this hotel since there were really only a few 3-star hotel in the area I chose.

We want to stay at the downtown historic area. And I was disappointed at this location. This is located close to the downtown but more of the uptown area. Yes, it is very close. You can walk up to the Castillo if you don't mind walking a mile for like 20 mins. It's better to ride the trolley coz the loading/unloading area for trolley is a few blocks from the hotel.

The hotel is old. When you see the outside it's pretty good, and the hotel lobby is nice too. But the rooms are old. There's like cracks in the sealing. My husband even teased me that I stay at the side of the bed where the crack is at. When I called I reserved for a king size bed but they gave us two double beds. Which was not a big deal so we didn't complain. Since it was a busy weekend they can only give us a smoking room so as soon as you enter the room you'll smell it and even the couch smells like smoke. The carpet is not clean either and there's like some food stuff under the couch that wasn't cleaned up. Just disgusting. But the room was pretty big. Cold a/c. We have a mini fridge and microwave. And two flat screen tv. Bathroom is okay. This place needs a lot of upgrading.

When I called and asked if breakfast is included they said no because it's "holiday inn & suites". Well this doesn't feel like a suite hotel to me. But the breakfast buffet for $10 is pretty good. Servers are very nice. As well as other staff in the front desk and housekeepers.

All in all, I was very disappointed in paying over $100 a night for this hotel. I would probably pay $60-80 at the most for a night. Just not satisfied. I've been to a lot of hotels before and this one needs a total update.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank monkeylove21
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. First, I apologize that the hotel was not in a location closer to your expectations. Secondly and mainly, we are happy to more vigilantly maintain our hotel so that it always meets the standards our guests deserve. We have been renovated since we opened and we will continue to upgrade as needed. Thank you for your time and I appreciate the comments.

Heythuysen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for just one night. The location is good, it is just a 10 minute walk to the historical centre of this nice town. The rooms are clean and big enough, other facilities are also clean and tidy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
First, I wish to apologize for the uncomfortable night you experienced at our hotel. Although our intentions were aimed at helping the environment, we did not approach this goal the right way in your case. I have no problem whatsoever in having our maintenance department deactivating any of the individual energy saver devices in rooms where there is a problem. I hope that you will afford us another opportunity to offer you improved hospitality if you find yourself in St Augustine again. Thank you very much for your time.
Orlando florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Although this is a decent hotel in a town that lacks a variety of hotel selections, and I appreciated the lobby and complimentary breakfast, I must say that I experienced one of the worst nights that I have ever had in a hotel. The air conditioning works only when some one is walking or moving about in the room...I understand that policy, but it completely falls apart when one is sleeping. I woke up more than four times during the night...soaking wet...it was so hot in the room. The minute I got out of bed, the air conditioning came on...then went off when I went back to bed. I am not opposed to energy conservation, but this was ridiculous! I was very uncomfortable throughout the majority of the night, which of course had a big impact on my morning!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. I saw your review a few days ago and mistakenly sent a response attached to a different review. I did not disregard your comments, it was simply an oversight. I deeply apologize for the issues with the air conditioning. Although our intentions were aimed at taking care of the environment, in your particular case our application was off base. The energy saving system will be looked into and changed with any room which is a problem. I completely understand that your comfort is very important and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity to offer you improved hospitality.
Thank you, Kwame Opeyo, assistant general manager.