“Good location for the price”

Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Florida
“Good location for the price”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had a weekend stay, very clean room, with friendly staff. Bathroom good size with all the amenities. Not exactly walking distance to old town in the Florida heat, however, very close to drive in car. Especially liked the key access to hotel, as some do not have this extra security on rear access doors.Very happy with our stay at this hotel. Will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank newyorker1010
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
I very much appreciate the time you have taken to give us your kind words. It is always a pleasure to know that we are treating our visitors with the care and concern deserving of guests in our home. Any time you find yourself in the St Augustine area please come and visit us again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We booked a king room with whirlpool tub. The bathroom was in need of repair (ceiling was cracked and peeling), but the tub jets worked very well. Sadly it was positioned back from the edge to the point that i could barely get into it (being only 5'4" it was hard to straddle the ledge. I had to hop in and out).
The bed, despite being a pillow top, was extremely firm, and it was rather hard on the joints - we both woke with sore backs.
Sadly as well, the room was right at the side of the pool, with people sitting right outside our window, so we were unable to even crack the curtains.
Internet was very slow; this was in a previous review but as the response indicated they were changing providers, I took a chance. I guess it hadn't yet happened.

The staff were extremely friendly, and the hotel was walking distance to most of the attractions. The price was reasonable for a room with a king and whirlpool tub, it was just not as romantic as hoped for.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dburnt
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to offer an apology regarding the hot tub issues. I realize that the time to fix the problem for your stay has past but we will rectify the issue for the next guest. Also, I see that the bed was not comfortable for you and for that I apologize. As to the Internet, you are correct in noting a prior mention of that problem and we have already had our new provider at the property, so the change over should be completed within a short time. Finally, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and we hope to have you visit us again. Take care.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Breakfast buffet is food. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Stayed in the room with a king bed and whirlpool tub. Price was ok

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank zroeffectz
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you so kindly for letting us know that we treated you well during your stay. Any time you find yourself in the St Augustine please come and visit us and we will happily see to all of your needs. Take care.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Room smelled musty and like paint and the Internet was as slow as dial up.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike B
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
I deeply regret that your experience was not a positive one. Prior to your stay we began a refurbishing effort which included painting on the floor you were assigned. Regarding the Internet, that is another amenity we are in the process of changing to a new provider. I hope that you will continue to use the Holiday Inn brand despite the occurrances in St Augustine. Thank you for your feedback.
Quinton, Alabama
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and had a wonderful time all around. Room accommodates were very nice, and the room in which we had our meeting was perfect for our needs. The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection and everything we had was very good. The main reason I am writing this review is to give kudos to the staff (Janeth in Housekeeping and Nikki in Sales and Michelle at the Front Desk) for recovering my husband's professional camera that he inadvertently left behind... Janeth turned-in the camera when she cleaned our room, Nikki contacted us the next day to tell us that she had it, and Michelle just called to tell me everything was taken care of. Nikki then went out of her way to hand-carry the camera to the local UPS shipping store and took care of the mailing requirements that my husband gave to the UPS clerk over the phone. The Michelle at the front desk called me on behalf of Nikki to let me know that the project had been taken care of. That, to my husband and I, is going above and beyond for a customer and will never be forgotten by either of us!!! Thank you all so much!!!

Room Tip: We did not specify anything regarding a good room, but our room was very nice!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Nancy W
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you so very much for your heartfelt expression of gratitude. We are pleased that you and your camera were able to be reunited. I will personally pass along your thanks to housekeeping and the front desk. Any time you find yourself in the St Augustine area, please come and visit us.

Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown St. Augustines for three days in May. It was clean and very quiet. We didn't eat at the in house restaurant because we are not very cost effective at buffet meals but it looked very nice. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClamTom
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments. On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn staff, I appreciate the fantastic sentiments expressed. You are always welcome to come and visit us anytime you are in St Augustine. Thank you again and take care.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel staff was friendly, and the room was spacious. I did notice some stains and spots on the linens, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Overall it was a good experience. We only stayed one night and it was raining the entire time so we basically just stayed in the room, but that was just fine. The room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker which was nice. My husband also enjoyed the comfortable easy chair for sitting and watching television. The main problem with this hotel is that it is not very close to downtown historic Saint Augustine. So if you want to walk it may not be the right place to stay. However, if you don't mind driving down and finding parking then this place will suit you just fine!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rach0626
Mark F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am pleased that found the hotel to your liking, and I will happily pass along the news to the staff. Concerning the location, I apologize for any inconvenience as far as your expectation of our proximity to the heart of the historic district. I hope that you found a good parking space and enjoyed your visit. If you find yourself in the St Augustine area again, please come and visit us.