All reviews front desk old jail fountain of youth two queen beds old town trolley downtown area short drive augustine attractions remote microwave inns fort outlets
Reviewed December 25, 2017

My daughter and I visited St. Augustine for the very first time for a few days. Upon entering the beautifully decorated hotel we were greeted by Dimpho, a cheerful young man at the front desk. We were really tired upon arrival and he was very helpful and cheerful. As soon as we checked in and dropped of our suitcases we went to eat dinner at Sebastian’s at the hotel. The food and the service were fantastic! Chris, who manages the restaurant, was outstanding. He has a genuine caring for hotel patrons and his staff. The waitress/chef Gloria was the best waitress that I’ve ever had. We ate breakfast at Sebastian’s as well, and the food was delicious every time. The service was outstanding. We had such a welcomed feeling at this hotel. I would recommend that if you’re headed to St. Augustine that you stay at the historic Holiday Inn!!

Room Tip: I’m an IHG member, and we got an upgraded room.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInn32084, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

I do appreciate your feedback. I will update the team on how well they did on providing excellent service to you and your family. Whenever you are in the area, allow our property to service you again.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The hotel is good overall and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave some ideas and suggestions for tours and places to eat in downtown which was nice. The room was good overall as well. The breakfast for what it is was very overpriced at $15 and is what you'd expect to get for free at a Holiday Inn Express; so we chose not to attend their breakfast.

The hotel is walking distance to downtown, about a mile, but if you are older or not in moderate health you may want to stay closer to downtown.

In the end would I stay here again, probably not, for the same price I would stay at one of the many B&B's that is in the historic area that we nearly booked for roughly the same price.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to their banquet hall
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayInn32084, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

I do appreciate your feedback. Your feedback is very valuable to us.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2017

the hotel was very clean and the rooms spotless, the staff was very helpful and courteous. breakfast buffet is available at a cost. There is a Denny's next door. This is a hotel I would book again. I'll give it 4 ****

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HolidayInn32084, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

Thank you on taking the time out to share your experience. We value all of our guest feedback. Our goal is to provide true hospitality to all of our guest. I will share this information with the team. I'm looking forward to your future stays.

Kind Regards,

Roseline Cherizar

Reviewed December 18, 2017

This Hotel had the most friendly and attentive staff from Florida to Michigan, Maine and Quebec. Breakfast was very nice, room immaculate and comfortable. Local Trolleys and vans made getting around very easy at only $3.00 per person

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

I want to personally say thank you on sharing your feedback. We value all of our guest feedback. I will share this information with the team. I look forward to your future stays.

Merry Christmas
Roseline Cherizar

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Our two rooms were comfortable and the hotel is well located. The desk staff were very helpful. Cudos to George for making alternative reservations for us when informed that the city water project would have meant a four-day stay without water for 12 hours per day.
Adding PBS to the television line-up would be an improvment.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Segur7
HolidayInn32084, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Thank you on taking the time out to share your experience. We value all of our guest concerns. I will share this information with the team. I do appreciate your suggestion on adding PBS to the channel line-up. Whenever you are in the area please allow our hotel to service you again.