Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$71
Hotels.comUS$71
PricelineUS$71
eDreamsUS$71
TravelocityUS$71
CheapTicketsUS$71
All reviews bridge of lions minute walk across the bridge budget price comfortable king size bed can't beat the price perfect location water pressure per night microwave shower hurricane downtown sleep augustine bedding cleanliness accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2021

We visit family in St Augustine a couple of times per year and have always stayed at a nearby motel that we liked enough, but we walked by the Budget Inn one day and noticed people having a lovely time in a nice little area with chairs, gliders and charcoal grills. We looked for it online and discovered that the prices here were better than pretty much anyplace around, plus the reviews were mostly excellent.

We were hopeful, but truly not expecting miracles when we arrived. We could not have been more pleased with the room and the friendly staff here. There's free parking and it's walkable to plenty of bars, restaurants and shops, and just a 10 minute walk into the historic St Augustine area.

The room is fresh, clean and renovated. The room is spacious and there is plenty of furniture and shelving for everything. There's a very nice fridge/freezer plus microwave. The bathroom is spacious and you can actually go inside and close the door without hitting yourself with the door (you know what I mean don't you!) Absolutely no sign of bugs or odors of any kind. Also, plenty of convenient outlets, ample towels, shampoo, etc. We travel quite a bit and this is the nicest room we've had in the budget price range.

Small improvement would be to turn on the heat or before check-in time (it was pretty cold when we arrived) and to provide 2 bags of regular coffee instead of just one. Small complaints for such a great experience.

Room tip: The building furthest from A1A will be the quietest.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed December 13, 2020

I stayed at the Budget Inn on 12 Anastasia blvd in St. Augustine, Florida 32080. Their house keeper stole money out of my wallet that was left in my suitcase in my room. They went through all the pockets and even took out my emergency cash. When I called and spoke with the manager/owner he stated that he is friends with the housekeeper and they would not do that. I explained several times that no one was in the locked room that day except housekeeping he continued to refuse to do anything about this. There are coach roaches in the mildew infested bathrooms and then hire staff goes through your luggage and steals from the guests. They should be shut down. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the local police department.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2020

The staff and hotel are amazing. We went to St. Augustine for a little get away and I booked this motel. It is so quaint and well kept. A hidden gem! This will be our "go to" place to stay. We walked across the Lions Bridge and close to all the action but far enough away you didn't hear all the partying. Check it out you will be pleasantly surprised.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed August 13, 2020 via mobile

I was very nervous to stay in a hotel with covid going around but this hotel was so nice and clean. When we walked in the room was cold and it smelt very fresh. The floors are hardwood which I thought was a nice touch. All the bedding, towels, bathroom, and bedroom were perfectly cleaned. The hotel is a perfect walking distance from downtown as it’s just over the bridge of lions. Staff was extremely hospitable and even gave us some recommendations of places to go during our stay. Not to mention for the price of the room per night? You simply can’t beat it. We will most definitely be returning!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sam patel, General Manager at Budget Inn St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2020

we thank you so much for your stay at Budget Inn St Augustine , we rally appreciate you taking your time to review our Inn and comments for it and our staff !!!

Reviewed July 31, 2020

The four of us are younger and look for nice hotels but for good prices as because we do not stay in them very longer other than to sleep. We were so please with how clean it was especially with COVID being an issue these days. Check in and out were smooth and easy and the rooms were nice and updated and the showers were HUGE and very nice. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed somewhere with that nice of water pressure LOL. The little sitting area they had was really nice for us to hang out and relax After a long days of adventuring. The bars and restaurants around were very nice as well. The pricing was great and was over all a great hotel for our stay. We will be returning next trip!

Date of stay: July 2020