“Frantic but Fabulous!”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 621 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 113 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Please visit our website for the most current menu listings.
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Things were frantic just getting into the restaurant for our 5 pm reservation on Saturday due to the humongous crowd. Regardless, our dinner experience was worth the hassle! Took awhile to study the menu, but Bryan offered recommendations and provided excellent service.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,027)

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Came on a Saturday night and reservations were required. I’m not sure if it’s like this every weekend. The restaurant was crowded which ensured me the food must be good. It was!! I had the croquetas with lobster and the paella Valencia. The paella is big enough for 2 people to share. The sangria was very good. They prepare it at your table. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Ate here a couple of years ago and was wowed. Took my son and grand daughter there for a quick lunch. Service was leisurely at best. The 1905 salad was and is the star. The rest of the meal was less than stellar. My Cuban sandwich was a little bland, as was the black bean soup. La Herencia was far and away better. Son had the daily special, a fried chicken sandwich that he described as a chicken parm sandwich without the Italian flavors. Grand daughter had a club sandwich which didn't impress her. The atmosphere was great but at $70 for sandwiches (before tip) I think I'll go to La Herencia and then hit a museum.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

We always enjoy hearing from guests who have dined with us before, and have returned.
Our president and 4th generation family member always reminds us that we are only as good as our last meal, and we must apologize for serving you and your family meals that were not prepared properly. We have precise recipes and portion sizes so they should never vary. We have notified the executive chef who can ensure that our recipes are followed correctly. Did you happen to mention any of these issues to your server, or to a manager? We hope that issues never happen, but if it they do, we want to fix them immediately. On-site managers have the authority to address problems on the spot. We are grateful you took a moment to let us know about this experience, and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

So, I hadn't heard of their world-famous salad before arriving at the restaurant. When I go back, I will be getting the salad for my actual meal. It was one of the greatest dishes I've had at any restaurant - and they make it right at your table.

1  Thank WPBReviews
Reviewed December 8, 2017

We heard of this restaurant chain for some time. Bought my daughter a $100 gift certificate to the chain a year ago because of the Ibor City one. We tried this one on Wednesday night and the food was good and service average . I had Spanish bean soup and it was good. Expected somewhat more but nice place.

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. We see that you enjoyed your food, but you felt the service was average. Our servers go through a rigorous training process in learning about how we expect them to care for our guests, but unfortunately we let you down on your visit. We are sorry that on your visit, you did not enjoy an experience that reflects our expectations and training. We hope to welcome you back in.