“NOT a Cliche, Best Italian in St Augustine”

Amici Italian Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 639 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine with an extensive and varied menu. Voted best Italian restaurant in St. Augustine 13 years.
Reviewed October 3, 2015

Typically,I'm skeptical of Italian restaurants in tourist areas that bill themselves as Italian. Located off RT 1 on a corner to St Augustine beach, Amici is the real deal.

The entrance to the restaurant is soft and romantic. It may be cliched with all the red color and dark lighting, but that's what you expect in an Italian restaurant. Al combined for a warm atmosphere.

The menu is excellent. If you like veal, there are plenty of options. I wanted a flavor of the establishment, so I ordered the Amici Platter (Egg Plant parm, veal parm and cheese tortilin). Bread is served with garlic butter. The chicken minestrone was fabulous and when my meal was delivered, the portion was so large, I couldn't finish and the food was so good, I had to take the balance home.

The wine list was old world and good, with the average price at $35. The service was friendly and attentive. Entrees, with good options are under $20 each.

Next time I'm in St Augustine, I'll go back, definitely not a tourist trap, nor a bad cliche.

Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

Great Italian food, great service! Craig served wonderfully roasted garlic that melts in ones mouth, along with homemade Italian bread and fettuccine with clam sauce. Yummmmmm!

Reviewed September 23, 2015

We usually eat here at lunch and it is always great. We took our oldest daughter and her family here when they were visiting and they also thought it was great.

Reviewed September 22, 2015

New owners (now it's Violas) have a scratch kitchen, not pre made food from the truck. Lasagna is excellent. Service prompt and friendly. Prices competitive. Simple decor, plastic tables,and all is clean and fresh. Locals (we are a beach town) love this place, offers sound value.

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

First time visiting here after our many trips to St Augustine Beach. We decided to eat an early dinner. My husband had soup & Lasagna. He said the lasagna was excellent. They offered a new soup, Stuffed pepper, and it was very tasty. I decided to try Chicken Parmesan and salad. Their balsamic dressing was good and creamy. I was very disappointed with the chicken Parmesan because it
was very tough and pasta was very dry with little sauce.
I would not visit this restaurant again.

Iwas not real pleas

Amici-Manager, Manager at Amici Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2015

We strive to be the best at all aspects of the restaurant. I am sorry that we did not 100% please you. After saying all was good to have you not happy in the end. We want to please everyone from start to finish. I hope you would come back and have a great experience. Please contact me directly at the restaurant.

Chef Paul