“real lucky find”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Abbott St
Reviewed April 4, 2016

On our first stop in florida on trip to the keys we stopped at a comfort inn across from the beautifully decorated little diamond in the ruff. We had to stop here again on the way home to have diner and brunch the next day. the oysters Rockefeller was great. The braised short ribs were nothing short of spectacular. In florida, 90 persent of your food choice will be chain restaurants. So when you find a place like this with great food and atomosphere, along with professional and courteous service you remember it aways and go back asap. We cant wait till our next road trip

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed March 29, 2016

We just "happened" in to this adorable little restaurant for lunch and it was a FABULOUS surprise!! Everything was perfect!!
Including the wonderful fish with lobster sauce and the Great desserts!!! The chocolate mousse is the best I have had in years!! My daughter loved the Pecan/Chocolate Torte!!!
We WILL return there!!

Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

The food was fantastic and the service was even better. They were out of lamb, which is supposedly their signature dish, but the tenderloin was fantastic for sure.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

My wife, 8 year old son and I were on a 3 day sightseeing/food tour of St. Augustine and Le Pavillon was right across the street from our hotel. We looked up the reviews on Trip Advisor and checked the menu out and were very excited about our dinner. When we arrived the restaurant was relatively empty, we were shown to a table in the middle room in front of the bar, the lighting was a bit bright and the waitress obliged and dimmed the lights. On our trip we had been sampling things at a lot of different restaurants, splitting appetizers and entrees. This visit followed suit and we ordered a dozen oysters rockefeller and the 1/2 dozen escargot appetizers and were going to then split the bouillabaisse entree. The appetizers came relatively quickly and were served in the special ceramic dishes with spots for the oysters and snails to sit in their respective preparations. The Rockefeller weren't classic style more sauce than needed and little spinach to speak of, but were tasty and the oysters were tender and plump. The snails were also not in what I'd consider a truly classic style, they were a little over sauced, but still quite good. The salad that comes with the dinner came shortly after the apps were cleared from the table, probably 25 or so minutes into our visit. Salad was very good, house dressing was very tasty. It was at this point things went south. We sat for at least another 40 minutes without our entree arriving. Our waitress was nowhere to be found. When the entree did arrive, we had just had enough of sitting around waiting, especially since there was no apology made for the wait. We asked the waitress to wrap the bouillabaisse to go and my wife took my son across the street to get an ice cream while I waited for the check and the food. When she came back with the food, it was in a larger sized plastic container that was in a plastic bag and wrapped up so that I couldn't see the type of container it was. It was put in another paper bad with my sons leftover burger, and I paid the check and went back to our hotel just across the street. My wife pulled out the leftovers to check them out and saw that the container they used was an old plastic clarified butter container that in no way should have been used to store or transfer hot food. The container was warped from the heat of the food (or perhaps from being used previously for some other need and ran through the dishwasher). My wife having worked in the restaurant business for 25 years was incensed that the restaurant found it acceptable to put our meal in this container. It is absolutely a health hazard given that they integrity of the container is not intended to withstand heat and that the hot food would compromise the container and contaminate the food. My wife went back across the street to the restaurant and informed them of this quite risky and concerning issue and she was met with little concern from the manager, who claimed that they had no other way to package the food to go and would not take the time to remove the item from our bill s he was too busy getting other food out. Bottom line is that they took way too long to get us our food, then gave it to us in an unsafe/unsanitary container. In spite of the high marks for flavor of the food, this place is a huge fail for customer service.

2  Thank jpirone
Reviewed March 23, 2016

My wife and I arrived on a Saturday night about 7 pm, with no reservation. The hostess said "No problem" and immediately seated us. Within a few seconds the bus boy delivered water and bread; a few seconds after that our waitress arrived.

The waitress was very helpful in providing detailed information on the day's specials, ingredients on the regular menu items, and offering suggestions based on our stated food preferences. She was attentive throughout the meal, stopping by several times, with a smile, to check on us. I ordered a draft beer (IPA) and the first one was very good. The second seemed to taste a bit flat; the waitress replaced it quickly, with a smile.

I ordered one of the specials - Jaeger Schnitel - two large pieces of veal with a terrific light brown sauce. Good veggies, prepared just right. Huge salad. My wife had the chicken pavillon; again, everything prepared just right. We had New York cheescake with strawberries for dessert - top notch. All dishes were huge portions and very reasonably priced.

The restaurant was busy, as one would expect on a Saturday night, but every table had excellent service from the servers and the bus boy. The bus boy was attentive throughout the meal, refilling our water glasses, bringing more bread, and asking (in addition to the waitress) if everything was to our liking. This is unusual, but the way a top rated restaurant should treat customers.

Can't wait to return!