2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AscendUS$135
PricelineUS$135
eDreamsUS$135
Trip.comUS$147
Agoda.comUS$135
TripadvisorUS$135
All reviews parking fee priced similarly within walking distance historic district comfort inn checking in comfy room terrific location old town quiet hotel per day staying at this hotel breakfast area nights of lights coffee maker george street stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2021

The location is perfec t, very close to dowqntown and the old fort. Check in was very dull and I was entertained by a person who did not seem to want to be there. The room was spacious. The halls were dirty and didn't seem to be vacuumed. In the bathroom I found a lot of long hair on the floor, to add to the pain there was no blanket on my bed or in the room. No breakfast. I have stayed at many Ascend Collection hotels, this one doesn't belong on the collection. I expect bett=er of this group. I will be speaking to Choice about this one.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed December 14, 2020

We stayed at the Villa Victor for two nights in December, 2020. The location is very close to the old town, which was our main reason for choosing this hotel. Despite what several other reviews have said, we felt the hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff were available and friendly. There is no bar or restaurant right now due to Covid and all the furniture in the lobby was roped off. The $10 daily charge for parking was expected, clearly stated in our reservation confirmation, and not a bad price when compared to other parking options in the area.

Our room was a jacuzzi tub room which was a nice amenity to have and worked well.

Room tip: Loved the jacuzzi room
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed November 24, 2020

A nice, older hotel, but over priced for what you get. A continental breakfast is available, but not included and they even charge you for coffee. They seem short staffed. I only saw one employee in the front lobby the whole time we were there and we never saw anyone cleaning. It became a running joke with us as to whether or not they would clean the sticky floor in the elevator while we were there. They didn't.... This would be a nice place if they invested in an adequate cleaning crew and fully staffed the front desk.

Room tip: This is an older hotel with thin walls, so I would expect the top floor would be the quietest.
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed September 27, 2020 via mobile

We like a quiet hotel, but the lobby of the hotel only had someone in place from time to time. No staff, no restaurant, no lobby, no spa, no comfortable chairs, no food, no maid service, no clean towels or made beds. And, this was after the governor declared Phase Three Covid two days earlier. What was the excuse? I felt this made the hotel too overpriced and disappointing. I won’t be back.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianecV7482CV
Reviewed September 16, 2020

The location is amazing! It is about 1 block from the gates of oldtown, next door is a convience store, across the street is a wine bar. Room was very nice and clean and quiet. No extra blankets tough and the blanket on the bed was no thicker than the sheet, bring your own blanket. When we checked in there was no one in the lobby for 10 minutes. Someone finally came in and asked if we were OK, not how can I help you. I had to tell her were were checking in and she was very unfriendly. The woman when we were checking out was very nice! Despite the few negatives I would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020