Lowest prices for your stay
US$135
Free cancellation until 21-06-25
Reserve now, pay at stay
Ascend
US$135
Free cancellation until 21-06-25
Trip.com
US$133
PricelineUS$135
eDreamsUS$135
Agoda.comUS$135
All reviews parking fee priced similarly within walking distance historic district comfort inn checking in comfy room terrific location old town quiet hotel per day staying at this hotel breakfast area nights of lights coffee maker george street stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed February 3, 2021

This was our first time staying at this hotel. We were looking for a clean place that was within walking distance to the little shopping and enjoying the old town. The staff were very accommodating and responsive to anything we asked and/or needed. They even allowed us an early check in since our rooms were ready which i greatly appreciated. They were very attentive, so much so that when my daughter went down to get the luggage cart for us and there was none, the front desk person asked for her room# and called when one became available. However, my daughter did witness an extremely hostile guest become upset when they weren't given the cart. they berated the poor front desk staff.

Over all, we had a great stay, our room#412.

Room tip: Room#412 and 414 are close to the ice machine and elevators.
Reviewed January 26, 2021

First let me start with the positive. We stayed here three nights. The location is great, easy walking distance to the historic district and the Old Town Trolley.
The rooms were nice, large, and clean. They were fairly quiet, only noise was from other guests. The beds and pillows were comfortable, the AC units worked well, the WiFi was free and worked well. We had two rooms, both had a small refrigerator, but neither had a microwave. Both had Keurig coffee makers. One room had a clock, the other room did not. One room had a phone, the other room did not.
But then there was the not so good. I had made the reservation on the Choice Hotels app, and I chose to pay in advance, which gave me a better rate, but was non-refundable. On the confirmation screen it shows a grand total, which included all taxes and fees, but upon check-in, they wanted to charge me more than the grand total, adding a $10 daily parking fee. We've stayed in choice hotel properties in many states over the past 15 years and the "Grand Total" has always been the grand total, we've never been charged more at check-in. When I showed the lady at the desk the grand total on my confirmation, she became quite surly, so I did not want to get into an argument, and since I had prepaid a non-refundable rate, I couldn't walk away, so I caved and forked out the extra $30.
Then when I asked about breakfast, which was not advertised as included, but it did say there was an onsite café/restaurant, but we were told very gruffly that the whole area was closed, and all the seats in the lobby were blocked, and a sign said only one person from each party was allowed at check-in. So, the person on-duty was definitely not friendly and was surly, bordering on being hostile, in their speech and mannerisms.
I realize that different businesses have taken different measures as a result of the COVID-19 virus, but of all the places we've stayed during this past year, this is one of the most extreme in removing customer accommodations. No room service during your stay, none, zip, no clean towels, no trash dumped, no service. No breakfast available, no seating in the lobby area, no coffee except in your room, only one person allowed at check-in, etc. I'm not sure how not cleaning rooms during the stay helps stop the spread of a virus that the CDC says is not transmitted on surfaces, but I can see where the hotel can use the excuse to lay off housekeepers and increase profits.
So if we were in the area again, I'd probably try to find a different place to stay although this was very convenient and the rooms were nice, just did not like dealing with the person at the desk nor being charged a fee above the "grand total".

Room tip: Top floor rooms are quiet.
Reviewed January 4, 2021

The location is perfec t, very close to dowqntown and the old fort. Check in was very dull and I was entertained by a person who did not seem to want to be there. The room was spacious. The halls were dirty and didn't seem to be vacuumed. In the bathroom I found a lot of long hair on the floor, to add to the pain there was no blanket on my bed or in the room. No breakfast. I have stayed at many Ascend Collection hotels, this one doesn't belong on the collection. I expect bett=er of this group. I will be speaking to Choice about this one.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed December 14, 2020

We stayed at the Villa Victor for two nights in December, 2020. The location is very close to the old town, which was our main reason for choosing this hotel. Despite what several other reviews have said, we felt the hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff were available and friendly. There is no bar or restaurant right now due to Covid and all the furniture in the lobby was roped off. The $10 daily charge for parking was expected, clearly stated in our reservation confirmation, and not a bad price when compared to other parking options in the area.

Our room was a jacuzzi tub room which was a nice amenity to have and worked well.

Room tip: Loved the jacuzzi room
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed November 24, 2020

A nice, older hotel, but over priced for what you get. A continental breakfast is available, but not included and they even charge you for coffee. They seem short staffed. I only saw one employee in the front lobby the whole time we were there and we never saw anyone cleaning. It became a running joke with us as to whether or not they would clean the sticky floor in the elevator while we were there. They didn't.... This would be a nice place if they invested in an adequate cleaning crew and fully staffed the front desk.

Room tip: This is an older hotel with thin walls, so I would expect the top floor would be the quietest.
Date of stay: November 2020