“Couldn't be nicer” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Coast, Florida
“Couldn't be nicer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I want to start by stating that we're New Yorkers, so we doubt everything and nothing is ever good enough. The doubt started when we read nothing buy extremely positive comments about this bed and breakfast in TripAdvisor. Nothing can be that good, we thought. Probably giving kickbacks in the form of future discounts to people writing reviews this good. Boy, were we wrong. It's as good as everyone says, if not better.

Tim and John, the hosts/owners, could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Tim was able to snag us a few reservations prior to our arrival at restaurants that were not only every bit as good as New York, but half the price. We were even more amazed when we saw the lines that we didn't have to wait on.

They had reserved a prepaid carriage ride for us our last night there. It was pouring rain, and I do mean pouring, when all of a sudden this carriage arrives without any sort of top. Well, here comes the fight about getting a refund, I thought. I was even more convinced that no good could come of this when that carriage left to be replaced by a carriage with a top, but no sides. When we asked the driver if the seats were wet, her response was "not too bad" LOL

Obviously, we didn't go. When I spoke with Tim the next morning he was shocked that the carriage had come in the first place. No problem he said, as he asked for my card to refund the cost of the trip!!! I'll work it out with the company. (Obviously never been to New York)!!

Breakfast was a gastronomic delight. We had to leave early our last morning to catch a flight back home. Waiting for us as we checked out was a bag of sliced fresh fruit, warm croissants, and coffee to go.

Coffee is on all day. There are gratis cold drinks and wine available all day as well as a bottomless bowl of chocolate candies and some cookies. After dinner a bottle each of port and sherry is available to enjoy as you sit on their porch and enjoy the evening air.

Being a New Yorker, I have to come up with at least one complaint. It took me quite a while to do so, but here it is: the TV in the bedroom is too small.

And that, is their biggest problem!!.

We will be back. Tim, John, thanks so much for making our stay so enjoyable.

Orin and Pat

Room Tip: There are only 4 or 5 rooms. Our room, Paris, did not have a balcony, but there is an enclosed porc...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We recently had a wonderful stay in At Journey's End Bed and Breakfast. From the moment we arrived, Tim and John took great care of us. They arranged a carriage ride for us and gave great recommendations for places to eat and sites to see. We stayed in the Egypt Room, and it was very comfortable. The bed and linens were amazing, and the jacuzzi tub was so relaxing after a day of walking around sightseeing. Plus, we had a whole porch to ourselves! The breakfasts were very good, and the whole place was warm and inviting. It was so convenient to be walking distance to almost everything. We highly recommend At Journey's End B&B to anyone visiting St. Augustine!

Room Tip: The Egypt Room is well worth the additional cost! Huge bed, jacuzzi tub, and private porch!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I spent our 8th anniversary/babymoon here and it was wonderful! First of all, it's located a block away from busy King Street, so it was very quiet. When we arrived we were greeted by Laura, the housekeeper, and she was very friendly and eager to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible (extra pillows which are so important when your pregnant!). She showed us upstairs to our room, the Safari room, and even though I had read many reviews about this B&B and this room in particular, I was still quite surprised. First off, as soon as you open the door you are standing in the bathroom (which I expected) and immediately to your right is the toilet! It took a bit to get used to, but it really wasn't so bad. Some people might be turned off, but my husband and I just laughed it off and got used to it pretty quickly. What was more important was that the bathroom was very clean and the towels were very nice quality (not the thin cheap kind you get in some hotels). You walk through the bathroom and enter the bedroom. The bed is HUGE and so comfortable! The sheets are the softest I've ever slept on. It was awesome! To the right is a large private deck that overlooks the back of the house. It was great to be able to sit there at the end of the day and read and relax. When we met Tim, the innkeeper, a little later on, we found him to also be very friendly and he made a few recommendations as to where to eat and made it clear that if we needed anything or had any questions to please let him know. I can't really comment on the breakfast that was served because out of the two mornings we were there, one morning we slept in and missed breakfast, and the other morning, well being pregnant I was more interested in the fresh fruit with yogurt and granola then I was the hot entree. Though the other 4 couples had nothing but praise for Tim's cooking. I can say that the afternoon treats that were left out both days were quite tasty - I single handedly finished off all the chocolate chip cookies! All in all, we would stay here again in a heartbeat. It was so quiet and relaxing (the only time we saw or even heard the other guests was at breakfast) it was well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan C
Silverhill, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had a great time in St. Augustine with the help of Tim and John. The accommodations were wonderful. We stayed in the Key West room located in the back and it was like having our own little apartment. I arrived early and figured I would just walk around a bit but they started doting on me the moment I got there. Once my mother arrived, Tim gave us a map and sat down with us to discuss meal options, important places of note, etc. He tailored his advice based on what we were saying. We had booked a few tours and the trolley pass with Tim & John and our passes were ready upon arrival. We were able to immediately be on our way without hassle.

The morning breakfast was wonderful. The food was fabulous and it was very enjoyable to meet fellow travelers and hear their tales. Tim & John were very gracious in answering our questions about owning a B & B and how they arrived in St. Augustine. I am sure they get the same questions all the time but it was lovely to hear their story.

I found this place through Trip Advisor and they did not steer me wrong. Would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Have them book any tours/trams ahead of time for you. Loved the Eco Tour Kayaking!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

At Journeys End is a lovely space with a warm inviting feel. Tim & John are wonderful proprietors who have left out nothing in their upscale treatment of their guests. From the gourmet breakfasts and tasteful, contemporary decor to the sherry or port nightcaps & luxurious linens... It was truly a beautiful experience.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Thixmo
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

You simply cannot go wrong with this Inn. The location is perfect......an easy walk to everything. Our host(s) was most gracious and informed. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The other guests were friendly. "Tim, the wine and goodies after midnight were so welcome. Thanks!" Breakfast was to die for :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen T
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We came to St. Augustine for a three day rest, not particularly to sight see. At Journey's End was a perfect place for us to rejuvenate! We enjoyed the room, sitting on the front porch and side deck to read and talk, the complimentary glasses of wine and the wonderful coffee in the morning. (The owners have their own custom blend roasted for them, which was absolutely delightful.) We are so glad we read the Tripadvisor recommendations and chose At Journey's End!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple