All reviews beach access rv park mobile home concrete pads satellite reception clean bath houses dog friendly beach rv trip poop bags small pool and hot tub trash pickup camping world laundry area nice campground saint augustine beach short drive pools
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Hurricane Florence was hitting Myrtle Beach were we live and i called 8 days in advance of my reservation to cancel as we felt we needed to be home.
I ws shocked to find that they would keep one night reservation fee a charge for cancellation even when I explained about the Hurricane. They wouldn't even give me a future credit. Unbelievable
These people must be the dreaded hurricane gold diggers that you never want to deal with. This would have been our first time there and we were looking forward to staying hoping to find a new winter RV park.
Because of their obvious disregard for the impacts of hurricanes on people I will never call them again and i encourage you to stay away as well

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 1Snoopydog
Reviewed July 19, 2018

You can read our raving review from last year, but this year was a real disappointment. We will be back, but we have a specific site picked out, we love the beach and we can take our dog on the beach. All reviews left in July we totally agree with. We had a site that flooded the second day and had to move to a lesser site. No one Told us this site flooded with minimal rain, offered to help us get our items cleaned up and moved or even checked on us afterwards. I asked to speak to a manager on Sunday and finally had to physically walk to the office and plead my case in person to get any kind of compensation on Tuesday. Manager agreed with what ever I said, but more should have been offered. Had I not been aggressive, nothing would have been done. This place has really ran down in just a year. Maybe they have a new management team. All sites are individually owned and they need to get together and get this place straightened out. As far as the adult pool, it was filthy and had algae on the sides. We let management know about this and finally they closed it 2 days later for chemical treatment. Who knows when it will be back open. I could go on and on, but looks like everyone else has covered it. The pictures are from where the site was rented after we moved and they did not tell them either. They were only staying 2 nights and this was their first nite. They just loaded up and left. I guess this is how they make extra money on people that just don’t want to say anything.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Cassie L
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We just returned from a week stay at Bryn Mawr. This was our second stay here as we once stopped in for a quick overnight and always wanted to return. We were somewhat disappointed for several reasons.

First the pros: The beach access was awesome. We were beachfront which made all the difference. Being steps away from the ocean was magnificent. We had a nicely paved site and a raised covered deck which was also nice. The deck had a table, outdoor light, and also electricity which was nice. Wifi was also good.

The cons: This place is very unkept and needs some TLC! The road are especially bad and could really benefit from paving. Paving the roads would make a huge difference in the appearance I feel. I get it that they are trying to be "beachy" but to what extent. The roads also had very large pot holes everywhere. I also felt the pools were in bad shape. There was a sewage smell from the adult pool which made my husband sick to his stomach and he wouldn't go near it. We could not enjoy that together. The hot tub had no jets, just hot stagnant water. The front pool has a large building which isn't in use. It has a pretty mural but it's chipping and looks "unloved". This building has great potential. They could add a snack bar, activites for kids, dances, etc... But it's pretty much deserted. Sad. We didn't see many families which I believe is due to a lack of family activites. My kids were actually bored and asked to leave after a few days at the beach. There is literally nothing to do for kids. They could easily have a game room with all those empty buildings. I'd also like to say the laundry room was really terrible. No change machine!!! I had to walk to the front office for change. They really should have a change machine. Also, this building should be air conditioned! I was very uncomfortable with all those dryers going in there. I don't want to be uncomfortable on vacation. I do not feel like we got our money's worth at this resort. It has great potential, but I don't think anyone is going to put any time into fixing it because they have so many mobile homes. They were mostly deserted as well. We saw very little activity for the middle of July.

Final note: If you're an active family don't go here.

If you like to sit on the beach and do nothing, go here but understand you're getting nothing else but beach front property.

Room Tip: Beach front is a must. Everything else is cramped and not worth it at all.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary E
Reviewed July 9, 2018

First time visitors. Got to the campground & checked in. Went to our site only to find someone in it. Had to pull our camper through the very narrow streets & tight turns back up to the office. We're told the camper in our site was supposed to have been moved & we had to wait while it was removed. We were in a back in site which are almost on top of each other. Our site did have a gazebo which was a nice surprise but we were way too close to the sites behind us. I didn't like being charged a fee "per dog" especially since there was very little grass areas to walk our dogs. Sadly other campers did not pick up after their pets in those areas even with bags to do so provided. We bought our camper in order to take our dogs with us while we travel. Bath house we used was clean but no water pressure in the shower at all. Large pool area up front that was nice. I would recommend reserving a pull thru site over a back in site. It was nice being so close the the beach but not so close to everyone else around you. No privacy outside - I could hear everyone`s conversations as I'm sure they heard ours. I feel the price was not equal to site we were in. I don't feel like we got our monies worth for the site we were in or the park itself sadly. Too many potholes in the streets & with the streets being so narrow you couldn't avoid them.

Room Tip: Reserve a pull thru site not a back in - back ins are basically on top of each other.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jclarke44
Reviewed July 9, 2018

First the good: the beach access is great, with beautiful dunes and great boardwalks that have built-in benches for enjoying the view. The main all-ages pool is huge with a great pool deck, even if the water was too warm while we were there to feel refreshing. The WiFi worked pretty well, although I've experienced better at an RV park. There are lots of amenities: propane, tennis, basketball, games, an adults-only pool, trash pickup, and more. In terms of beach and pool access and loads of amenities, it's pretty great.

However, given what you're paying particularly on weekends/holidays, I'm not convinced the value is there. The roads are very narrow with tight corners. If you have a big rig (35+' fifth wheel, or full size motorhome) you had better be an experienced RV driver and know how to take wide turns. And because the sites are small and roads are narrow, you have to dodge people that have their cars sticking out into the roads.

Our site was also pretty small for what we're paying. There was only a couple of feet of paved site beyond our wall, barely enough for stretching out a reclining chair. We did not luck out with one of the sites with a covered patio unfortunately. And our single vehicle had to cut into our "lawn" space just to not stick out into the road on the other side. And even then we were right up against our neighbors. Maneuvering in and out of the spot with the tow vehicle as we'd leave or come back from trips required a few attempts and a spotter to avoid hitting a tree, our rig, or the mobile home across the tiny street from us.

One of our dislikes was the large amount of mobile homes interspersed with the RV sites, most with patios attached to take up every last inch of their spot. I wish they were all in designated rows, because they seemed to make the entire park feel even more cramped than it already was.

And then the adults-only pool was a bit of a disappointment. It seemed poorly filtered with gunk floating in the corners, and you could smell nearby sewer smells when you're in it. The hot tub pump didn't seem to work while we were there, although it was warm (if you don't mind sitting in stagnant warm water). And to top things off, people ignored the signs and brought their children in there anyways.

In all, given what we paid for it, I didn't leave thinking it was a great deal. If the roads were wider, turns easier, sites larger (or less mobile homes), and adults-only pool better, this would get 5 stars.

Other miscellaneous notes: satellite reception is great as there are few trees. OTA TV reception from Jacksonville is fair to good with a good antenna. Water pressure seemed below average. Electrical pedestal was in good working order with no issues. You may want a sewer donut instead of a threaded connector, as ours was below the grass and difficult to screw in.

Room Tip: Get a site with a covered patio if you can. Those seemed to have more space.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple