1,667 results
All reviews double tree historic district warm cookies front desk great hotel minute walk fountain of youth old jail red train pool and hot tub convenient location jacob augustine trolley downtown attractions shuttle
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Great stay. It was so wonderful to arrive to the DoubleTree after a long hard week of work. Thank you Taylor for helping me with my reservation. Check it was a breeze. I was greeted by Frances with a hello and a welcome and it ended with a smile and a cookie. The guest room was bigger than I expected very roomy and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel offers a complimentary round trip shuttle to the historic district. We took the shuttle going but walked back the hotel, it's pretty close. We had room service both nights, the food was excellent. Kudos to the chef. Janara and Nicola each brought us our food on different nights. They're both very personable as well as professional. Parking is reasonable only $12 a night. I miss that a breakfast both days, I like to sleep in. We love the Citrus water they have Lobby it was nice meeting Maggie and Lane on the day we checked out. Overall it was a great experience. I would say the staff had a lot to do that with that. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely come back to it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Elissa K, Front Desk at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are so glad we could bring you a bit of relaxation after a long work week. Taylor and Francis are both an amazing part of our team that we are so lucky to have here at the front desk. We are happy the room was to your liking and Janara and Nicola were helpful with your food orders. Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review about our hotel and team members. We can't wait for you to come stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night while sightseeing in St. Augustine. I arrived early & stopped with hope of parking & leaving luggage until check-in. Staff was very welcoming & checked me right in. Although there is a shuttle, the hotel is only a 5 block walk to the historic section & fort. The staff were the most helpful & friendly I have met. The breakfast was delicious and downstairs decor inviting with an open lobby & bar. And then there are those warm cookies!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

We are so pleased to read this wonderful review from you. We work hard to have a friendly and helpful staff to help make your stay as amazing as possible. The shuttle is a nice bonus we do like to offer our guest just to make their travels through the city easier. And of course, it is hard not to love a place with free cookies!! We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Stayed here 3 nights. The location is about 5 blocks from the main town. A short walk or you can do the Old Town Tourist trolley, which we did not do. The rooms are nice. The breakfast was nice - good fresh fruit, nice scrambled eggs. It is noisy cause there is nothing to soak up the sound. We did not use the pool but the outside area was nice - pool, whirlpool, chairs and tables.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerCT

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us.I am so sorry it was a bit noisy during your stay but we are glad you still enjoyed your three nights with us. Make sure to come visit us again soon. We will always have a warm cookie waiting for you!

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I live in Fl and had never been to St. Augustine. This hotel was the right price and close to everything we wanted to do. Loved it. We would stay here again and we recommend it to anyone who is looking to stay in the historic area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We can't wait to have you visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

The Doubletree isn’t quite in the heart of the old city, but it’s a legitimate 10 minute walk to the Castillo and Saint George Street, and even closer to the Fountain of Youth and the Nombre de Dios mission. Despite being pretty full, the service was friendly and efficient. The rooms are comfortable (what you’d expect from this mid tier Hilton brand), the bar serves fifty different specialty cocktails (named for each state!) at a low price for a tourist destination. Room service for breakfast was amazingly fast: they told me when I called down that they had a party of 60 in the dining room for breakfast, and yet, my pancakes (tasty) and coffee came in far less than 30 minutes. Be aware that the self parking is $12, but given the proximity to the old city that’s pretty reasonable. The best part of the hotel is the staff. They were in touch with me through text messages from the time I checked in until the morning of my departure—no request seemed too big for them to handle with a smile.

Room tip: Higher floors will keep you away from the foot traffic on the street
Trip type: Travelled solo

Our goal here at the DoubleTree is complete guest satisfaction and we were pleased to read that you had wonderful stay! Our team strives to ensure that everyone has a memorable experience and we are honored you chose to stay with us! Come back soon as we will always have a warm cookie and smile waiting for you!