6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$249
PricelineUS$249
Hotels.comUS$249
eDreamsUS$249
FindHotelUS$249
Orbitz.comUS$249
All reviews bridge of lions made to order breakfast across the bridge nautical theme frozen grapes fire pit short walk over the bridge tour of the property overlooking the marina hors d oeuvres happy hour rain shower social hour overlooking the water old town downtown st perfect location
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2021 via mobile

It is a small but quaint place
The rooms were nice and clean
I loved the view we had
They only draw back was the bridge we had to walk the bridge to get into town . Not a bad walk but if you have any issue with walking like knee and or hip issue it’s not fun, because you are going up a slight incline.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Marker 8 Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2021

Thank you for staying with us at Marker 8 Hotel and Marina. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 22, 2021

We stayed at the marina, which is a hidden gem. Many amenities you do not find at a regular marina, due to the fact it is primarily a hotel. Many boaters might be put off because there are not the usual boating amenities, like pump outs, Dockmaster and staff. But this is more than made up for by the hotel amenities, and especially the staff. Facilities have recently been upgraded. A plus. Boater's Breakfast, and evening social hour Hors'douvres are to die for. The Chef is worth twice what she is being paid. She doubles as the Marketing Department. Night Desk Manager doubles as Concierge. All staff go out of their way to please. We will definitely return!

Reviewed April 21, 2021

The front desk, bar, restaurant and kitchen staff are all very friendly and accommodating.
I was impressed with the afternoon nibbles provided each day and the breakfast was excellent (Table service and a choice of a couple different offerings each day).
The balcony and patios are the main feature of this hotel all of which have superb views across the marina and river to the old town of St Augustine. There is also a good view of the "Lion bridge"
The only negative we encountered was the housekeeping. It was not as thorough as we would have liked and I did mention this as we left. They took this comment very seriously (I am not talking Covid here I am talking "sandy" balconies, bedding changes and the shower stall)

Room tip: All rooms face the river and have great views across to the old town.
1  Thank Charles C

Reviewed April 19, 2021

The hotel is very nice , nicely decorated (recently ) and conveniently located right across the bridge from old town, the issue is they do not have staff that that knows how to clean. The rooms have tile and laminate flooring, no carpet. The first night I thought my feet felt dirty, I looked at the bottom of them and they were literally dark brown. I check my husband feet and they were just as bad. I took a tissue and dampen it and rubbed it on the floor and in a 3”x3” square it was filthy. So the next morning we went to the front desk and told them that are floors need to be really cleaned and brought them the tissue showing how dirty they were. We complained 3 days In a row and were told they would have the maids clean them but that didn’t happen and our floors were never swept. On the third day our toilet had a Grey ring around it, but did they clean that, no. The front desk staff is very nice and John does a great job ....BUT please tell me, we just got finished super cleaning everything after the pandemic, so there is no way these floors should be this gross. I think the issue is they have two young women who don’t know how to clean and the hotel can’t find anyone else to replace them with. This cost us an averaged $300 per night and I can’t say I’d recommend this hotel. The only reason I gave this a three star is because I think the office staff doesn’t know how to fix the issue . Maybe the owner needs to hire someone to come in and do a deep cleaning???

1  Thank Jet483384
General Manager, General Manager at Marker 8 Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2021

Reviewed April 19, 2021 via mobile

Modernly updated rooms beautiful views stayed in a king room with balcony. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was great to be able to get a different cooked breakfast every morning and evening snacks were also yummy at the social hour all included quick walk or bike ride across the bridge into Saint Augustine. Only wish they would do a better job on the floors in the rooms the daily tidy could’ve used more attention we had to go to the front desk to replace glasses daily.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple