“Great Motel, Great Price!”

BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
NW Indiana
“Great Motel, Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I can't tell you how happy I was with our stay after reading some of the reviews. Our room appeared newly remodeled and was very spacious. The beds were the first comfortable bed we had the whole trip (3 total different hotels/motel). The lady at the desk was very nice and had a lot of great suggestions for places to eat, so don't be afraid to ask. I find that if you ask the locals where they like to eat you will usually not be disappointed. The only thing I would say they could improve would be the breakfast. Now granted we were there over spring break and it was the weekend, but they ran out of hard boiled eggs, the only form of protein that they offer, everything else was a starch, cereal, toast, waffles etc. I would suggest they add some yogurt and some additional fruit like bananas for your cereal. Otherwise we had a very pleasant stay and I would not be afraid to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Wellington, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I made reservations over the Internet and picked this location because it was right on I-95 just two exits from my friend. I've stayed in niced Motel 6's. Even if the water pipe hadn't broken and flooded the carpet by the vanity, this place was still a dump. The other guests were noisy, and thowing their cigarette butts off the second floor. We were in the handicap accessible room so there was no other room to move us to. The smell of mold got even worse as the days went on. The only good thing about this place was the staff. They were very nice but there wasn't much they could do to solve our problem with the room. The breakfast room was just a small room which was hot and crowded. The Internet connection was so SLOW. After touring around St. Augustine, we saw other Best Western hotels that looked 100 times better than this place. If you stay in St. Augustine, don't stay near the highway.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room facing the pool area. We had no choice because the handica...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The worst thing about the Best Western is finding the way in off of the street! It's very handily placed just off I95 but the entrance is very confusing - aim for the Taco Bell and you should be OK. Rooms comfortable and quiet, beds were OK. Shower was disappointing. Breakfast only, not bad, no restaurant. There's a Ruby Tuesdays and Country Store next door, with Denny's on the other side, so some choice of eating places Outlet Mall across the street for the inveterate shoppers, small but reasonable pool for the active. WiFi works well. Most folks seem to stay only a short time as it's on the way to somewhere, but St Augustine is an intersting visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Vienna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had family business in St Augustine (suburbs - not downtown) and this BW was recommended because it was convenient to I95 and all of the local attractions (including old town/downtown). All of the rooms appear to have been recently renovated, and mine was perfectly clean and in order. The pool was wonderful. The rooms were quiet (and the place was sold out all three nights that I was there). If you're a shopper - the outlet mall is across the street. While they offer a "free breakfast" -it is the predicable "make-it-yourself" waffle and toast & cereal - with juice and coffee. If you're on a low budget - dig in. Otherwise - walk across the parking lot and go to Denny's. If / When I go back - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground Floor - on the back facing the pool. I had rm 116.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jhf0924
Henderson, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Due to travel times and restrictions, I needed a place just off of I 95 which this accomplished. The room was clean and internet worked great. I hate to to even mention the breakfast because what these places offer are bare basics at best. Some are better than others but this one was not very good. What can one expect when it comes with the room? I have stayed at places about the same price and got scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast, biscuits plus good gravy, sausage-patties and links etc. These places are the exception and not the norm as this place was lower than norm. I would not let this stop me from staying here.The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were good overall and that is most important to me. It is about seven miles from St. Augustine which was not bad. There is at least one other Best Western in the town area that you might want to check out but I wouldn't reject this place as an option.

Room Tip: The people that work the front desk or either the owners were very nice and helpful. We had a good r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadKing8084
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

The hotel was near my destination only about 15 mins from the St. Augustine Trolley Tour Center and 5 mins from the Outlet Mall. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room/bathroom and the comfort of the beds/ pillows. Some good renovations: flat TV, bathrooms and overall room look. The complimentary breakfast was ok. I would encourage adding to all rooms small refrigerators, since the ice machines were always empty. Great price and very comfortable :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Americus, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The room was ok. The breakfast was fine but the room was too hot. The people at the counter was very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple