The word "incompetent" certainly gives the management too much credit. I have never been treated so rudely as I was by the management at this hotel. Initially, the manager tried to give me a rate of $150.00 a night over the phone and I found it for $100.00/nt online. So he started out trying to rip me off. That's just the beginning... My second night I was in the hot tub/pool area with a few other people from other rooms. No one had come to tell us it was after hours, we were all just talking, and the clock in the area read right at 10:00 pm (closing time). When the manager arrived, I figured he was going to tell us it was closing time and ask us to leave. However, he instead started yelling at us! He was asking what room number everyone was in. He singled me out and told me that I needed to leave or he would call the police. He was cursing and yelling, literally the most irrational behavior i have ever seen (wouldn't be surprised if he was intoxicated). No one in the whole group ever raised their voice or did anything but apologize, but he continued that he didn't wan't an apology but he wanted us to leave. I'm from Tennessee and it turned out to be 11 instead of 10 (he forgot to spring his clock forward in the pool area)... I wasn't going to leave, what was I supposed to do, sleep in the car? He called my room to heckle me again that evening, so I finally had to call the police. The police calmed him down, finally. Really...? I intend to do everything I can to make sure as many people hear about this as possible. This hotel is part of choice hotels and their attempt to make things better was to have the crazy manager sign a formed letter and send it to my home. To add to this slap in the face, during check out, his wife said, "well we don't allow anyone in the pool area after 10:00," as if that was what offended me! I don't know if it's stupidity or ignorance that drives this management! Wish I could give them zero stars. I would pay $100 more a night for a place twice as far away from the beach and smile while I did it. Will never use a hotel in the "choice hotels" group again. There is no accountability and no customer service whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located Across from Beautiful St. Augustine Beach, Has nice Wooden Board walk to the beach from hotel, NO OCEAN VEIW FROM Room & HOTEL. Old town trolly tour pick up everyhour. Free full HOT Breakfast, Free HBO, free highspeed wifi thruout the hotel. 32" FLAT SCREEN HD TV, Hair Dryer, Iron and Board, In room Coffee Maker, full length mirror, night light, Out Door Pool & Hot Tub. Hotel is 100% non smoking, with designated smoke area. Pet Friendly rooms available with pet verified , $20.00 charge per pet per night. Historic Downtown 4 miles from hotel, Choice of nice restaurants within 1 mile area. Oldest Light House 1 mile from hotel. Daytona 45 miles, Orlando Theame Park 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
- Comfort Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Comfort Inn