“Very good”

Nalu's Tropical Takeout
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Curiosity got the best of me and dropped in to check the menu. Glad I did. Not a brick and mortar structure but well worth a visit. Nice menu includes burgers, tacos, burritos, various sandwiches and libations. The Baja Shrimp Taco with beans & rice was a nice light lunch and the price was reasonable. Friendly staff and a nice lite patio to dine Al Fresco.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

BEST meal in St. Augustine BY FAR!

My nephew goes to school here which was the best reason to make a trek over to the beach for some fun.

He said...um...do you like Taco's? Cuz if you do I'm 'bout to blow your socks off. Well, I DO LOVE TACO'S KIND SIR!

ON his recommendation I ordered the Baja Shrimp Tacos. He ordered the same but he also asked if it might be OK if he got a whole second order to take home (dorm food forces the brave not to be shy, ha ha) So he also got an order of the Baja FISH Tacos to take back for later.

The shrimp was cooked perfectly...to the point of sweet tenderness, with a tasty sauce. What I liked best about the tacos was the use of cabbage instead of lettuce...that sealed the deal for me.

The rice and beans were great as well.

I got the half order and that was more than enough for me...college man polished off the full order, no probs.

The guys behind the counter were happy and fun.

Most excellent food! I'm goin' for the Poke next time, fo sho!

Reviewed September 9, 2016

Perfect spot for a bite to eat after a day out on the beach or a day out on the boat! Located at the Surf Station. Locally owned and operated.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

We cannot visit without going to Nalu's. Food is always amazing. I actually prefer going to Nalu's over Roy's Hawaiian Fusion which is way more expensive. If you only go for the food, you won't be disappointed. However, the last 2 times we were there we noticed a definite change in the customer service. I understand you would rather be surfing than working, but please don't make it so obvious to your customers with a snarky attitude. That aside, I love the food and will continue to go.

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

After reading primarily excellent reviews for this place, I decided to try it on our way out of town. I had the Tropical Poke and the half order of the Secret Spot fish taco (one taco), Hubs had the 1/2 Pier Left and 1/2 Pier Right (one beef and one fish). Everything was cooked to order, the Ahi was incredibly fresh and delicious, but the Secret Spot fish taco was the star of the show. It was so good. Like really, really good. I already want to go back. Do yourself a favor and try this truck. Also, don't miss the Acai truck down the street, we ate breakfast there several days of our vacation.

1  Thank PrincipesaBella